Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kobe's 4 game 50 point streak snapped

tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    Snapped it at 43, which in it self stands as a crazy feat (scoring 43 isn't your everyday run of the mill top game scorer)..

I thought it was God on court scoring like there was no tomorrow.. what do you think?

2. Sports Club   -   #2
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    I have no idea what you're talking about

3. Sports Club   -   #3
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by tralalala View Post
    Snapped it at 43, which in it self stands as a crazy feat (scoring 43 isn't your everyday run of the mill top game scorer)..

I thought it was God on court scoring like there was no tomorrow.. what do you think?
    I don't like Kobe but there's no denying that he's a great player.

Did they win all those games?

4. Sports Club   -   #4
    DefX's Avatar Macula.Lutea. BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Now if he could only carry the lakers to win championships the way Jordan carried the Bulls to win several of them...

Did they win all those games?
    Yes, i believe they did win all of em.

5. Sports Club   -   #5
    natedogg's Avatar R.I.P. Nate Dogg :(
    I think kobe is on steroids

6. Sports Club   -   #6
    famous45's Avatar money=happiness BT Rep: +1
    I hate the Lakers, but Kobe is an amazing player. I think he has like 27 or 28 Lakers franchise records. Truly a talent.

7. Sports Club   -   #7
    Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    I am lakers fan and my best basketball player is kobe, the problem is he is (nearly) the only good player in lakers.

i didn't see jordan when he was in chicago bulls, but ithink there were some good players with him

8. Sports Club   -   #8
    tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    @Defiance: Jordan had Pippen, Rodman (best hustle rebounder the league has seen), Paxson, Kerr.... He had a whole team round him when the Bulls won their 6 championships..

Yes, Kobe did have Shaq alongside, but carrying the Lakers nearly single handedly (apart from maybe Lamar Odom who truly is an all rounder with great stats - although does do some silly things everyy now and again) to victories is something Jordan seldom did.. Kobe is my favorite player, and I believe he is definitely the heir of Mike.

9. Sports Club   -   #9
    Poster BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by tralalala View Post
    @Defiance: Jordan had Pippen, Rodman (best hustle rebounder the league has seen), Paxson, Kerr.... He had a whole team round him when the Bulls won their 6 championships..

Yes, Kobe did have Shaq alongside, but carrying the Lakers nearly single handedly (apart from maybe Lamar Odom who truly is an all rounder with great stats - although does do some silly things everyy now and again) to victories is something Jordan seldom did.. Kobe is my favorite player, and I believe he is definitely the heir of Mike.
    I dont think you saw many Jordan games or you wouldnt be saying that. He had countless heroic nights. I just dont think you're totally right. Kobe is an amazing player but he's not MJ level. Jordans teams didnt have that much more talent level than this lakers team has.

In fact, the nineties bulls were the only team that i remember to win a title without a great center. Heck, they didnt even have a good one, let alone a great center. Paxson, Kerr, etc were role players. Outside of that bulls teams they would be considered scrubs. Just like a lot of the current lakers players.

No championship team is build of superstars. One, two tops. The rest are role and complementary players. Jordans teams were build around him just like this lakers team (and every team since shaq left) is built around Kobe.

In the past all the criticism was that Kobe didnt pass the ball, that he needed to make his teamates better. The team was losing more when he was sharing the ball. Now he's scoring like a madman and everybody forgot what they said.

The lakers won and are still only 6th in the west, with the risk of missing the po. He's an incredible natural scorer with all around talent. Undoubtly the biggest nba talent. But i dont think he can make others better and i dont see him leading anyone to a championship by himself. He didnt before Shaq and i dont think he'll do it after shaq. A joy to watch though, there's no denying.

ps: i'm not a bulls fan and never was. But, in all fairness, apart from the Magic years, i always disliked the lakers.

10. Sports Club   -   #10
    DefX's Avatar Macula.Lutea. BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    @tralalala You make very valid points about your favorite player kobe and I'm certainly not taking anything away from his jawdropping stats but one thing you can say about Jordan and not about Kobe is that his Airness was a constant winner. Meanwhile, Kobe havent won since Shaq left. Friendly Fire makes a very good point about MJ making everyone around him better while Kobe just simply dominates the point scoring of his team.

However, i recently read a very good espn article putting the debate of MJ vs Kobe in perspective. After reading it, I must say that my opinion of Kobe has definitely elevated compared to before.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...t&lid=tab4pos2

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast