Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you remember torrentit?

kayvanblue's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    what happend to that tracker? any update?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    They were shutdown.
    If the owner opens another torrent site he will be fined x amount of euros or whatever currency they use per day that site is open.
    I think he had to pay some hefty fines already as well.

They still run a cod server if you ever wanted to check it out I could get the link.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Vidde's Avatar Wubalicious <3 BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Yup, it got shut down on the 14th April 2006.. I joined the site just after it opened in 2004, and got promoted to staffer later on.. Kept my position all the way till it closed down due to stupid dutch MPAA "BREIN"..

The SysOp has to pay daily if he opens another tracker yes, and it's SHITLOADS.. Damn I miss that tracker :,/

Regards
    -Vidde

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Vidde View Post
    Yup, it got shut down on the 14th April 2006.. I joined the site just after it opened in 2004, and got promoted to staffer later on.. Kept my position all the way till it closed down due to stupid dutch MPAA "BREIN"..

The SysOp has to pay daily if he opens another tracker yes, and it's SHITLOADS.. Damn I miss that tracker :,/

Regards
    -Vidde
    Yep was a really good site
    Good environment, good staff, good files, and good speed.

Was acctually my favorite site when it was open

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Vidde's Avatar Wubalicious <3 BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Awww, that's great to hear, mate It was lots of users favorite, not to sound like I'm bragging, but.. You get it, great community and lots and lots of files.. A sad day when they fell. I didn't remove the icon from my favoritebar untill mid 2006, lol. Never let it go..

Cheers
    -Vidde

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    i Just removed the link a few months ago.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    My favorite site of all time, great community en great design

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Poster BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Vidde, how did he go into tracker and was he from staff or anything like it ?
    And it was one of my first trackers, and n1!

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    erax's Avatar & No God But Allah & BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    compared to ftn or sct how was its position

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    to me it had a hard to come by combo of great staff and fast speeds. i loved the lay out! what was the motto? "where you come to get your booty" well it was something like that. sad sad day when it closed. for a few days after they closed they still kept there irc link on the homepage. i remember the irc being full of "wtf is going on" sad sad day indeed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast