Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Horror Movie

Poster
    I have a few... horror is my fave genre

1. The Beyond (more of a dream than a movie)
    2. Evil Dead (actually more scarey than funny)
    3. Nightmare on Elm Street (only because it was my first horror movie I ever watched and I was really really little... I literally could not sleep for a few days because it scared me so badly)
    4. Dawn of the Dead
    5. Return of the Living Dead
    6. Texas Chainsaw Massacre
    7. The Changeling (very good haunted house movie, miles better than the stupid crap hollywood puts out today)
    8. Friday the 13th (of course... this and the second one are the only ones that count... Jason X was totally totally stupid)
    9. The Last House on the Left (Wes Craven's finest hour)
    10. The Exorcist (I liked the ambience)

Please post cause I am looking to download some more horror and/or go rent some... I just rented the best werewolf movie of all time: An American Werewolf in London, my god the sequel sucked... Boy Hollywood sure likes to **** up a good thing don't they! I also just rented Session 9, I heard it was good, and by golly it is kinda recent!! Do yourself a favor and if you ever come across a movie called City of the Living Dead, please pass it up, I d/l'ed it of KL and it just was horrible.... and it ended very anti-climacticly, which you just can't do in a horror...

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    May (Strange,Strange,Strange)
    Carrie (Classic Horror)
    Della Morte Dellamore or Cemetry Man (Bizarre)
    Demons (Dario Argento Classic)

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Poster
    Haven't seen May.... what's it about?

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    Try Antropophagus and Cannibal Holocaust, you may like them

You Better Keep In Mind That I Can Read Between The Lines

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Poster
    Never saw the former you mentioned, but the latter is just exploitation gore fest, that I didn't particularly care for.... tell me about the other one?

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Originally posted by Benno@31 May 2003 - 00:51
    Try Antropophagus and Cannibal Holocaust, you may like them
    Cannibal Ferox too. And Cradle of fear is great fun!! And I spit on your grave (if you can call it horror?)

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    http://us.imdb.com/Title?0082479 its about a man who is stranded on an island and eats his family.

Edit: If you havent seen them yet you must defenitely watch Brain Dead (aka dead alive) and Bad Taste.

You Better Keep In Mind That I Can Read Between The Lines

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    Info on May..........

May

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    Poster
    Bad Taste is well.... in very Bad Taste, I didn't really enjoy it much ... sorry. Braindead however, my god that movie is hilarious...... only because it is just sooooo over the top "Your mother ate my dog!" That's got to be the best line in any movie, ever. Period.

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    Poster
    Just saw Dog Soldiers.... Overrated IMHO. It was alright... I guess. The Captain Ryan character was too overly selfish, or whatever... kinda over the top there. Also the werewolves looked like werewolves, only with dog heads, kinda silly to me. No this definately can't even touch American Werewolf in London..... This movie was just an action flick, I don't think it was even a horror movie really... kinda in the same vein as Predator. I did like the one part where the main character asks the sarge "Where's Spoon?" and sarge goes "There is no spoon..." a little bow down to the Matrix there... funny too. Otherwise it was alright cause I got it free, so no complaints. Also I didn't like the British dialogue, couldn't understand what they were saying now and then. Do British people have that problem with American movies? I feel Americans speak the clearest English I've ever heard... or maybe I am just biased? Anyways the references to "footy" (football) were funny... footy, sounds pretty homosexual.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast