Thread: KVM Switches.

can I curse? FUCK!
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817107247

That only has one USB out for each computer so I was wondering does that integrate the mouse and keyboard when I plug them into the console USB ports?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    can I curse? FUCK!
    Bump?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    harrycary's Avatar Poster
    it seems to me that the "Console USB ports" up front are used for any USB devices you may want to access on that particular machine. (#1 or 2)

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    can I curse? FUCK!
    Aren't console ports the ports that your keyboard and mouse go in?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    The device has PS/2 ports for keyboard, mouse and two usb ports for devices like usb scanner and usb printer to be shared as well. You can put a usb only mouse and keyboard into the usb slots but then you would not have them available for other things. If it were me, I would purchase PS/2 mouse and keyboard just for this device so I would have the other usb device option.

What you really have to watch is the vga 15 pin connections, you can not get digital quality to an lcd monitor with 15pin vga analog connectors.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    can I curse? FUCK!
    I'm not going to be using the monitor because I'll have another monitor for the second computer. I also have a razer copperhead and a logitech G15 keyboard so I don't want to go head and downgrade.

The whole story is I'm building a new setup with a dell 24" (the new setup parts here if you want to take a look: ) and the current computer I'm using right now is going to the second computer that I'm going to be sharing the keyboard and mouse. As for sharing the USB printer, I'll just be getting a printer server and plug that in to my router to use.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    can I curse? FUCK!
    Well, I guess it went off topic so my question is if that kvm switch integrates the keyboard and mouse into one usb port because I only see one port for PC1 and PC2.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    can I curse? FUCK!
    Bump! I need help guys. I'm almost done purchasing everything I need for my computer. I need to know how the kvm switches work.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    It works like an usb-hub so using your keyboard and mouse should not be a problem.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    lee551's Avatar no soup for you! BT Rep: +5
    i was just as confused as you about how that works. they're not very clear about what it does as far as input/output. i'd find a different model KVM switch if you can.