Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: [Important] If you are a Torrent Site User Read...

Cheffy's Avatar Slut up ! BT Rep: +4
    I have no idea what the price for running a server is or how much money most sites get for their pay2leech.
    But if their sole purpose is profit then ofc im against it, Then they are selling something they have not done anything for, first of they did not make the release, they dd not crack or encode the release, they are not offering their own BW to seed the releases, regular users are. They are earning money from several others people work and thats just wrong.
    Donating to keep the site alive, that im all for, and in this day of age its hard getting people to just give their money away without getting something in return, The people that donate are the people that keeps my favorite site alive, If they have to offer then a trip to Tijuana with 4 prepaid hookers and a gallon of tequila or VIP status or GB to their acconts, I dont really dont care, just as long as they manage to keep the site i like alive.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    jrzy's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    I say the hell with it...at the end of the day, it's all about the benjamins ...whether sites ask money for gb's, vip , lotto..whatever..they are doing what it takes to run the site and if money goes into their pocket as well..good for them, they are the ones taking the higher risk than the average joe blow whos just downloading and sharing
    Last edited by jrzy; 03-29-2007 at 11:59 PM. Reason: *typo

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    mavg's Avatar guerreiro BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    no i don't pay to leech .

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    X's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    I think if you are willing to pay then its okay... they are helping keep the site alive... vip status should be attainable both with donations and contributions (uploading) .... getting GBs for $ is okay as well.. these people leech of you and can't maintain good ratios becuz of slow speeds... Hit & Run shoud be monitored closely to kick anyone who doesn't attempt to seed... i especially like FsC's policy reagarding seeding...
    >< marks the spot

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    assafush's Avatar Chaos.... BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    i think cash for VIP or GBs is ok as long as the owner spend the money on the site and dont use it for his own personal gain.... although i think that many sites that accept donations keep some of the money to themselves... and i think it is not fair to the donors.... but what can u do about it? ....

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Bucktoof's Avatar Byaaah! BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    If you donate to a torrent site, I think all you should get is a donor star and a custom title.

The idea of a lottery where members pay into it and the reward is some upload credit, I guess that's fine.
    http://4t.myminicity.com/ind - build industry!
    http://4t.myminicity.com/tra - build transportation
    http://4t.myminicity.com/sec - build security

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    dragon lady
    VIP should depend on how much you upload or seed from the sites not on how much you donate, but I agree with donating money for gb

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123