Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: R4DS $30.68 Shipped, Nintendo DS homebrew and backup games

namzuf9's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by St0ry View Post
    Sometimes fail as in sometimes a game works other times it doesn't or as in one game works another game doesn't?
    Yeah, like you said.

Amount of games varies on the size of the games you wanna play. My kids have got 1gb cards and can fit, on average, about 15 games. You can also save space by
    "trimming" the roms with the software that comes with the cart.

2. Games   -   #12
    slim150's Avatar Poster
    Mine just came in the mail today from dealxtreme, they sent it registered mail so I had to sign for it.. well actually I had to go to the post office before work and pick it up.

(I've seen it before. my co-worker has it and I borrowed it thats why I recommended it earlier)

I didn't bother loading the stuff that came on the cd, just grabbed the new kernel right from the website and it works great!

most of the games are like 32mb, the save files are negligible in size.

Heres the latest deal on a 1GB MicroSD card, if you like rebates and are new to Google checkout:

$3.96 after rebate and google checkout
    http://www.buy.com/prod/kingston-1gb...204134655.html

Too bad there was a 2GB one on there the other day with free shipping and only $14 after google checkout and no rebate
    "Their most trivial action may mean volumes, or their most extraordinary conduct may depend upon a hairpin or a pair of curling-tongs" - Holmes

3. Games   -   #13
    SirGray's Avatar .:Lucky:.™
    so basically for the price of 1 or 2 ds games you get unlimited ds games?
    KOS-MOS:"I have analyzed the situation,and by my current calculations I would say we are screwed."

4. Games   -   #14
    slim150's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGray View Post
    so basically for the price of 1 or 2 ds games you get unlimited ds games?
    Yes, in addition you can have like 16 games (or more depending on size of the memory) on one cart which is great for portability.

Plus there are other apps to put on it if you really want to that aren't games
    "Their most trivial action may mean volumes, or their most extraordinary conduct may depend upon a hairpin or a pair of curling-tongs" - Holmes

5. Games   -   #15
    slim150's Avatar Poster
    update frys 9.99 microsd card with free shipping

http://www.frys.com/product/4962161

6. Games   -   #16
    silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Hey slim150, I ordered the R4 and I got a 1 gig Micro SD for 8.95 on Buy.com. Now I gotta buy a DS but BestBuy and Circuit City had no Onyx DS in stock, just Polar White and Pink. I caved in just so I could play the Pokemon games, but it should be worth it.

7. Games   -   #17
    slim150's Avatar Poster

Laugh

Quote Originally Posted by Gam3Guy View Post
    Hey slim150, I ordered the R4 and I got a 1 gig Micro SD for 8.95 on Buy.com. Now I gotta buy a DS but BestBuy and Circuit City had no Onyx DS in stock, just Polar White and Pink. I caved in just so I could play the Pokemon games, but it should be worth it.

You may want to check out your local toys'R'us they probably have them.

Also, you can order them from toysrus online : http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...ductId=2463874

$10 off if you use google checkout

or (I haven't tried it, but it might work) if you pay with paypal and enter coupon PAYPAL10 you might get free shipping and handling

By the way grats on getting one, the DS is my favorite system and I have them all... but a PS3

8. Games   -   #18
    shosh's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    i got 3 questions for ya slim150
    there are some slim carts on sale for 80 bucks and above. is this cart crappier than the more expensive ones?
    also do you have to update the firmware to play the newer games?
    and are there any incompatibilities with any games with this cart?

9. Games   -   #19
    slim150's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by shosh View Post
    i got 3 questions for ya slim150
    there are some slim carts on sale for 80 bucks and above. is this cart crappier than the more expensive ones?
    also do you have to update the firmware to play the newer games?
    and are there any incompatibilities with any games with this cart?

From my experience, this is the best one money can buy. Thats why I thought the price was so great. The cart looks and feels exactly like a DS game unit, and its 100% compatible with all ROMs.

The new firmware versions, I believe, are just for performance improvements, gui's and skins. Not related to the ROMs.

The only thing I think its incompatible with are GBA roms, and the DS browser (which if you could get a hold of the memory attachment that it comes with somehow it would probably work too). But other than that it works with multilayer and any ds game.

Hey this is a great review of the R4.. it shows videos of the interface, and close ups of the card itself.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=41279

10. Games   -   #20
    silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Quote Originally Posted by slim150 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gam3Guy View Post

You may want to check out your local toys'R'us they probably have them.

Also, you can order them from toysrus online : http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...ductId=2463874

$10 off if you use google checkout

or (I haven't tried it, but it might work) if you pay with paypal and enter coupon PAYPAL10 you might get free shipping and handling

By the way grats on getting one, the DS is my favorite system and I have them all... but a PS3
    Ok, thanks I will check Toys R Us today but I gotta get my car back first then I will drive there. Although $10 off online sounds a little better because I'm going to have to wait for my R4 anyways (around 3 weeks to ship I hear ). Btw, this is my first Nintendo, I'm excited, lol.
    Last edited by silent h3ro; 04-06-2007 at 07:46 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast