Thread: 1 Gb

is it possible, will it ever happen

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Poster
    very HIGHLY doubt it will happen within the next 2 years i figure around the generation of the next gaming consoles we might tho prolly 2005 earliest or 2006. im assuming u mean will there ever be a 1 Gb CD-r

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Actually interesting that you mention that. About las tyear I read an article about double desnsity cd's. That hold twice the capacity of normal ones. But I guess their realease got trumpetted by DVD-R's becoming popular...which will probably be the reason you wont see a 1gb cd-r either.

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    i think CD-R is going to dead like long ago taht CD replacing Casette..

DVD is the next replacement of CD...

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    crazy_billy_bats's Avatar Poster
    I saw technology in a magazine once that suggested the possibility of around 170 gig per side on one disc, it wasnt a DVD-R (obviously), and used some kind of masking technology or some shit to allow more pitches on the CD (it was shaped the same as a CD or DVD)
    awesome.
    i think memory sticks and things like that will replace media like this, and will eventually hold vast amounts of data, with no need to carry around stupid bulky CD's.

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Poster
    What's the point, when new technology has developed dual layer double sided 17GB DVDs?

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    Poster