Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Decent/best documentaries?

Quote Originally Posted by 100% View Post
    Good movie. Sadly, i know one of the unluckies in the film, since high school. He hates Britain, feels his poor education and standard of life is due to racism and evenused to go out "white-washing" (attacking anything white) most nights with his cousins. And all this before he accidently got caught up in all that.

But, his family still claim every possible benefit, though they have many successful businesses, he is deeply religious, yet he has a child (with a white girl) that he doesn't pay for because he claims benefits. His uncles give him time off every thursday to collect it when i knewhim.

Guantanamo is a terrible place. I'm not racist. But, he hardly did himself any favours.

has anyone seen An Inconvenient Truth? It's presents its case very well. Al Gore (the guy who ran for president) presents it, and its surprisingly good. My criticism is he seems to go into toooooo much detail about him. He's interesting, had an nteresting life, but sometimes it felt that he was promoting himself too much.

I guarantee that there's very little to argue against it...
    Last edited by jimbo12345; 03-31-2007 at 08:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

2. Movies & TV   -   #12
    tonga187
    The 11 part series Planet Earth which is running Sunday nights on Discovery has been amazing thus far, the footage they managed to capture is insane.

But all you people with the BBC have already seen these.

3. Movies & TV   -   #13
    Alien5's Avatar μετά BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Gunner Palace - about soldiers in Iraq.

4. Movies & TV   -   #14
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo12345 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 100% View Post
    Good movie. Sadly, i know one of the unluckies in the film, since high school. He hates Britain, feels his poor education and standard of life is due to racism and evenused to go out "white-washing" (attacking anything white) most nights with his cousins. And all this before he accidently got caught up in all that.

But, his family still claim every possible benefit, though they have many successful businesses, he is deeply religious, yet he has a child (with a white girl) that he doesn't pay for because he claims benefits. His uncles give him time off every thursday to collect it when i knewhim.

Guantanamo is a terrible place. I'm not racist. But, he hardly did himself any favours.
    i read your reply. thanks.

5. Movies & TV   -   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by tonga187 View Post
    The 11 part series Planet Earth which is running Sunday nights on Discovery has been amazing thus far, the footage they managed to capture is insane.

But all you people with the BBC have already seen these.

This was a great series. If you get the chance to watch this on HDTV, do. I have no shame in admitting a tear formed when I saw the part with the swimming polar bear. Again, makes you feel a little embarrassed about our efforts to stop the rot.

I'd love to find a decent UFO/phenomina documentary, but everyone i've found seem dodgy.

6. Movies & TV   -   #16
    Bucktoof's Avatar Byaaah! BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    I watched a really great documentary on how samurai swords are made, I think it's from the discovery channel.
    http://4t.myminicity.com/ind - build industry!
    http://4t.myminicity.com/tra - build transportation
    http://4t.myminicity.com/sec - build security

7. Movies & TV   -   #17
    In the bonus features of the Malcolm X movie DVD you'll find a great 1970's documentary on his life.

Another good one is "Tupac Resurrection" which talks all about his life and death.

Hitler's Henchmen is a good series of documentaries about Hitler and all the people who surrounded him.

8. Movies & TV   -   #18
    emsee's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    "An Inconvenient Truth" was really good

9. Movies & TV   -   #19
    CrabGirl's Avatar Sexpest
    This pump dispenses gasoline, a fossil fuel. People who believe fossils are not real should put something else in their tanks.

10. Movies & TV   -   #20
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Just got finished watching the first 3 parts (Disc 1) of Planet Earth. By far the coolest nature shit I've ever seen. The footage is just unbelievable.

yo

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast