Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why Even Bother With 56k

i mean if i had 56k i wouldnt even bother downloading movies maybe songs but then aging lately the way i been downloading i feel like i have 56k.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    SeK612's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    I have 56K and you're right it takes years to download a good movie file (35-40 hours at a good time).

Basically I just download when I'm not using the net (overnight and the like). So although it takes forever it I don't really notice it and I can have a new movie every week (or two )

Songs are better they only take about 30 mins

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Originally posted by SeK612@31 May 2003 - 09:26
    I have 56K and you're right it takes years to download a good movie file (35-40 hours at a good time).

Basically I just download when I'm not using the net (overnight and the like). So although it takes forever it I don't really notice it and I can have a new movie every week (or two )

Heh, I remember my 56k days..... once you go to broadband, you wont wanna go back!!

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    You've a corrupted db file,rufernator. It comes from screwing around with your settings.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    im on 56k and during the day i just use netlimiter to get some of the file at small speeds so it doesnt interfiere with anything else im doung then at night i turn it off and let it do what it wants and it doesnt take that long to get a big file

you just need to be able to wait

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    30 minutes? When I was on dial-up the longest they took was 20 minutes

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    SeK612's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    30 minutes? When I was on dial-up the longest they took was 20 minutes
    I was estimating

To be honest if its a popular song and about 3 megs I can download it in 12ish minutes.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    I am a Broadband user...

The most painful thing is when I go round a friend's house (with 56k) and they sit there downloading like an MP3 and it just seems to take hours!

Would you other Broadband users agree?

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    the world wont come to an end in the 35-40 hours it takes to dload the avg movie on dialup..so whats the drama about it taking that amount of time?
    more important your tits wont fall of either[usually].
    it takes me up to a mth to get a 700mb movie cause im not so impatient to get 1 at a time that comes in at .05k for hrs on end...get several things on the go at one time so the 5-6k bandwidth is going all the time..ok itll take longer to get 1 file but the world will not end....and i stll have my tits

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    I used to download MP3's a lot when I still had my 128kbps dual ISDN modem... Stream from Napster, I could listen while downloading
    Before that used 33.6 modem, but thankfully then I did not know of any p2p programs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast