Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Orange Broadband Blocks Torrents?

That's ace, thanks for all your help guys, i've got it working with a combo of everything. Although i forgot how wicked slow this is, might look into subbing to a newsgroup, hmmmm

Thanks again!

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    SHUVT's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    I would switch over to Utorrent and as long as your ports are forwarded correctly, you should not have any problems. I have a some tweaked settings for Utorrent if you need help just shoot me a pm and I will forward them to ya.
    I haven't taken a beating like that since I opened my first issue of Hustler!
    The World is a Sick Place and I'm a Happy Guy!

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    dodgy368's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by webgirly View Post
    That's ace, thanks for all your help guys, i've got it working with a combo of everything. Although i forgot how wicked slow this is, might look into subbing to a newsgroup, hmmmm

Thanks again!
    Glad you're sorted, as for your speed, are you using public or private torrent sites?

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Ah! Is that likely to work better than bitlord?

I'm using public torrents, I'd never know where to find the private ones.. iso hunt, that sort of thing

That would be ace! i'll go over and download that tonight

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    dodgy368's Avatar Poster
    Private sites are the way to go, stick around on here and I guarantee you'll get invited quite soon, think I've got a spare TL(fastest site on the net some say) invite lying around.

ps, you can get into the invite section once you've been here a month, well worth waiting for.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    oooooh underground downloading? it's a whole new word i'd never known of... well okay, had suspected but never seen, hee hee

Cheers!

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by SHUVT View Post
    I would switch over to Utorrent and as long as your ports are forwarded correctly, you should not have any problems. I have a some tweaked settings for Utorrent if you need help just shoot me a pm and I will forward them to ya.

You ever considered posting these tweeks in the forums?

Im sure alot of users wouldnt mind reading up on em.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    SHUVT's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by Melvinmeow View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SHUVT View Post

You ever considered posting these tweeks in the forums?

Im sure alot of users wouldnt mind reading up on em.
    I may run them by you first to see if they have any negative affect on trackers, by over announcing or anything like that. I will send them your way in PM and let me know if you see anything that would bog sites down. I doubt it, but you guys may know something I don't.
    I haven't taken a beating like that since I opened my first issue of Hustler!
    The World is a Sick Place and I'm a Happy Guy!

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    I've actually started on the whole newgroups thing, since i've heard such good things about it.. but i think i've gone and signed up with a rubbish provider since I can't find much there, and stuff i've tried to access from binsearch won't download, (don't think i can add the server). I've signed up with thundernews.com

i had wanted to sign with newsggroups but they don't take uk debit cards and they cant accept paypal anymore. that's basically why i went with thundernews as it could take my payment.... so far, have found nothing good tho. is the co you choose to sign up with that critical or am i just doing this wrong?

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    dodgy368's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by webgirly View Post
    I've actually started on the whole newgroups thing, since i've heard such good things about it.. but i think i've gone and signed up with a rubbish provider since I can't find much there, and stuff i've tried to access from binsearch won't download, (don't think i can add the server). I've signed up with thundernews.com

i had wanted to sign with newsggroups but they don't take uk debit cards and they cant accept paypal anymore. that's basically why i went with thundernews as it could take my payment.... so far, have found nothing good tho. is the co you choose to sign up with that critical or am i just doing this wrong?
    Best to ask in the Newsgroups section.

https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-newsgroups-79/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast