Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sometimes

vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Sen. John McCain says you can safely walks the streets of Baghdad and while there a reporter asked if he stood by his statement. His reply was "yes, in fact I did so this morning"... He offered his "walk" as evidence that the media is not giving us the full story.
    What he failed to mention was he was guarded by more than one hundred American soldiers, with three blackhawk helicopters and two Apache gunships overhead...oh and he was wearing body armour.

Is it just me or does anyone else think his statement lacked credibility?

[youtube]BD5C5FOmK40[/youtube]
    Last edited by vidcc; 04-02-2007 at 09:03 PM. Reason: fixed youtube link

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    SHUVT's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    hmmmm What do you think his secret service numbers when he is walking around a major city in the US? Maybe no blackhawks, but I am sure he does not walk the streets of DC without his security protection.
    I haven't taken a beating like that since I opened my first issue of Hustler!
    The World is a Sick Place and I'm a Happy Guy!

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by SHUVT View Post
    hmmmm What do you think his secret service numbers when he is walking around a major city in the US? Maybe no blackhawks, but I am sure he does not walk the streets of DC without his security protection.
    So does his "walk" satisfy you to the degree you would be happy to walk unguarded in that area?

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    SHUVT's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Hell no. I have been there and I know what the city is like. Then again you would not see my ass walking down some of the streets in San Diego at night either. But then again I am suprised it made the news with all three pets dieing of food poisening. Man there is like what 6 dead cats and dogs who cares about Iraq with that kind of crisis on our hands.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes

Well walking down the street doesn't work for 1000 plus Iraqis every month. However, perhaps he was hoping some of his rivals would take him up on his claim and try it

Failing the above cunning strategy it would have to be classed as one of the dafter things I have heard recently (but only one of them - I am still struggling with kangaroos on rafts of rotting vegetation)
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    Chip Monk's Avatar Darth Monk Like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
    I am still struggling with kangaroos on rafts of rotting vegetation
    I'm impressed you had time to post.
    You do not need to see my I.D.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Quote Originally Posted by Chip Monk View Post
    I am still struggling with kangaroos on rafts of rotting vegetation
    I'm impressed you had time to post.
    Plugging the computer in was tricky too.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    I am still struggling with kangaroos on rafts of rotting vegetation)
    The raft was easy, the hard part was coping emotionally after Wilson fell overboard

Back to mccain and the point about him having security at home. If he would like to return to the same market with only the security that he would have on any ordinary day back in the USA I will give him credit for his statement "you can walk freely"

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    Are you under the impression the streets would be any safer without the armed forces in the region? The streets of Baghdad have never been safe. If it isn't the extremist factions it was the actual governement itself killing and kidnapping and then killing people.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    Are you under the impression the streets would be any safer without the armed forces in the region? The streets of Baghdad have never been safe. If it isn't the extremist factions it was the actual governement itself killing and kidnapping and then killing people.
    I'm under no misapprehensions whatsoever of the dangers of daily life in that part of the world, even without it being during a foreign occupation. The point of the thread was mccains claim that Americans can "walk freely" then using his heavily armed stroll as proof of his claim.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast