Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Usenet-News or Usenetserver??

Just want to get some peoples opinions on which of these two I should go for??

At the min I'm trying out Usenet-News connected to the EU server (I live in the UK) and find it works very well with my connection nearly maxed out all the time.

Thing is I'm being a bit tight, Usenet-News comes out at £10month while Usenetserver is only £7.51month.

I can not see on the Usenetserver site anything about EU servers so was wondering if anyone here is using them in EU and what do they think?
    Also from reading the blurb about the power outage it sounds like they only have the one server, is that correct?

Thanks in advance

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    kayvanblue's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    i max out with Usenetserver! i should say they are awsome

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    I'd go with Usenetserver too. I've heard many people living ins Europe and Asia using UNS and maxing out their connections. You can always try their 3 days for $3 thing to see for yourself.

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    popopot's Avatar To Me, To You BT Rep: +5
    I use Usenet-News and have had no problem. Maxed out connections all the time. Plus, you can buy a block account, e.g. 20GB for $10 (or something like that), which I have found very useful whilst getting to grips with newsgroups, and the 'block' does not expire.

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    usenet server the best fast max my line out on 8mbit and get 840 constant

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by popopot View Post
    I use Usenet-News and have had no problem. Maxed out connections all the time. Plus, you can buy a block account, e.g. 20GB for $10 (or something like that), which I have found very useful whilst getting to grips with newsgroups, and the 'block' does not expire.
    The block accounts are about probably the only real difference, except that Usenetserver is playing the 'encryption' game, but if you're using a machine 'at work' and/or need to punch through some firewalls or other junk, it may be the choice. But I have a 'never expires' block account at Usenet-News (as well as a couple of other servers) that I used for fills before I bit the bullet and went with Giganews.

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    popopot's Avatar To Me, To You BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by Beck38 View Post
    ..except that Usenetserver is playing the 'encryption' game, but if you're using a machine 'at work' and/or need to punch through some firewalls or other junk, it may be the choice. But I have a 'never expires' block account at Usenet-News (as well as a couple of other servers) that I used for fills before I bit the bullet and went with Giganews.
    Usenet-News also has SSL, which works well and does not slow down my speeds.

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    Usenet-News.
    Never heard of it.
    Anyone knows website of Usenet-News? I can't find it with Google.
    Thanks

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    asfdlq3i45poi's Avatar Master
    It really depends on your downloading habits. If you download infrequently, then a block acount like Usenet News makes sense.

On the other hand, if you regularly download hundreds of gigabytes per month, an unlimited account like UNS is the obvious choice.

The block accounts are about probably the only real difference, except that Usenetserver is playing the 'encryption' game, but if you're using a machine 'at work' and/or need to punch through some firewalls or other junk, it may be the choice. But I have a 'never expires' block account at Usenet-News (as well as a couple of other servers) that I used for fills before I bit the bullet and went with Giganews.
    What's a fill?
    Last edited by asfdlq3i45poi; 04-05-2007 at 01:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

10. Newsgroups   -   #10
    Thanks for all the info guys

@ stephenchow http://www.usenet-news.net/

Think that I'll do as st0ry suggested and try the 3 day trial for UNS first

I hear people talking a lot about giganews, its it really that much better then the others?? UNS appears to offer unlimited download, 10 connections, 101 retention and SSL for about $10 less a month than giganews.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast