Thread: BitTorrent Inc. Introduces Ad-Supported Downloads

popopot's Avatar To Me, To You BT Rep: +5
    BitTorrent Inc. is experimenting with alternatives to paid downloads on their Entertainment Network, and is now experimenting with advertising supported downloads. Instead of paying for a download, BitTorrent’s customers now see ads before and after watching an episode.

The ad-supported model is currently being tested on episodes by the video gamers network G4, but is likely to be tested on episodes from other publishers in the future.

The video ads are short video clips delivered by YuMe Networks, a company that is specialized in IP based video ads. YuMe CEO Jayant Kadambi said that the company expects to deliver more user targeted video ads as soon as BitTorrent Inc. signs more deals with publishers that want to experiment with ad-supported downloads.

Two weeks ago BitTorrent Inc. announced that it will launch an ad-supported TV-network by the end of this year. This advertising supported TV-model is likely to be supported by YuMe Networks as well.

DRM-free and ad supported downloads are the future, and one of the only business models that will be able to compete with pirated content. It’s good to see that BitTorrent Inc. is realizing this, they are moving in the right direction.

Source: http://torrentfreak.com/bittorrent-i...ted-downloads/
    Last edited by Hairbautt; 04-04-2007 at 02:21 PM. Reason: Deleted extra line between image and first paragraph (I'm anal).

2. News (Archive)   -   #2
    JA's Avatar //Me<3You!? BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Very interesting
    eee

3. News (Archive)   -   #3
    Hairbautt's Avatar *haircut

Icon3

Quote Originally Posted by popopot View Post
    ...and one of the only business models that will be able to compete with pirated content.
    No change for me, I mean really...
    _________________________________________________________________________________________
    Last edited by Alien5; Jun 6th, 2006 at
    06:36 PM..

4. News (Archive)   -   #4
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    nothing new , it's like my cable tv i pay for it

5. News (Archive)   -   #5
    phantom's Avatar the shadow... BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    ... yap intreresting... this mind that we can donwload all kind of ilegal stuff if we watch some advertise???

to be, or not to be... what do u choose?