Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Leeware Users ....

- - NL - - BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Quote Originally Posted by mbucari1 View Post
    I don't use the files that I download from my box. I only use it to boost my ratoi. If I want something, I will download it directly.
    You might be caught because you will be found on spreading unauthorized material . downloading from your seedbox through ftp is much secure .

2. BitTorrent   -   #102
    Poster BT Rep: +5
    By the way guys, how do you go about being connectable on leeware?
    What options to use in utorrent? What port ... etc
    Any settings need to be changed on the box itself?

3. BitTorrent   -   #103
    Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    its not windows, so any random port will work in my opinion.
    just check the status at in the status bar, whether u r having connectable status.

4. BitTorrent   -   #104
    Quote Originally Posted by kabir0077 View Post
    just check the status at in the status bar, whether u r having connectable status.
    Thanks Kabir, I ordered my leeware but haven't received the email yet, but I was just wondering
    Great people around here, very helpful people, and great community.

5. BitTorrent   -   #105
    Poster BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    he is very right on that, moreover the firewall on leeware boxes is disabled by default so you won't have any problems with connectivity. You might also want to pick a port from the range 10000-60000, that is the port range many trackers suggest.. but I don't think there would be any problem with that either, cause there's no traffic shaping at leeware boxes (at least I think so )

6. BitTorrent   -   #106
    redMonster's Avatar Flying Without Wings BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    I think I will uninstall VNC server and then reinstall it. How can I remove VNC server? I tried this command.

yum remove vncserver
    The above command doesn't work. It just gets stuck there without any progress.
    Click here if you want to join TTC

7. BitTorrent   -   #107
    redMonster I don't remember exactly the commands for linux/Unix right now, try googling "linux cheatsheet", it might help you with the commands

8. BitTorrent   -   #108
    Quote Originally Posted by doda32 View Post
    he is very right on that, moreover the firewall on leeware boxes is disabled by default so you won't have any problems with connectivity. You might also want to pick a port from the range 10000-60000, that is the port range many trackers suggest.. but I don't think there would be any problem with that either, cause there's no traffic shaping at leeware boxes (at least I think so )
    I have the firewall disabled in my router at home, and I still have to forward the utorrent port to become connectable. But if I use uPnP I don't have to do that. But I guess ADSL is different from the connection on leeware.

9. BitTorrent   -   #109
    prima1 it's a little different this.. you port forward your router at home, cause a router is virtually a specialized computer that connects the home network (yes even with one computer only), to outer world (that's is the Internet). When you port forwarding the router, you simply tell the router, that data which comes in/out in a specific port, comes from a specific computer in the network. So imagine if you had 2 computers connected in the router (if the router has a built-in switch), and data were coming for example in the port 54321, the router would haven't any idea, to which of the two computers to send the data, to first one? or to the second one? that's why port forwarding is needed (if with one computer connected to the router), in fact you assign a port to a specific ip address in the home network. I tried to make it as simple as possible, hope that helps..

Now in the leeware case, I think every VM has a different ip for the outer world( the Internet), that's to say that even we may share the same computer (cause many VM are simultaneously running on the same computer), we still have different ip address for the Internet..

10. BitTorrent   -   #110
    Quote Originally Posted by doda32 View Post
    prima1 it's a little different this.. you port forward your router at home, cause a router is virtually a specialized computer that connects the home network (yes even with one computer only), to outer world (that's is the Internet). When you port forwarding the router, you simply tell the router, that data which comes in/out in a specific port, comes from a specific computer in the network. So imagine if you had 2 computers connected in the router (if the router has a built-in switch), and data were coming for example in the port 54321, the router would haven't any idea, to which of the two computers to send the data, to first one? or to the second one? that's why port forwarding is needed (if with one computer connected to the router), in fact you assign a port to a specific ip address in the home network. I tried to make it as simple as possible, hope that helps..

Now in the leeware case, I think every VM has a different ip for the outer world( the Internet), that's to say that even we may share the same computer (cause many VM are simultaneously running on the same computer), we still have different ip address for the Internet..
    Thanks my friend. Silly me. I didn't realize that on leeware each VM has a static IP. It makes sense now.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast