Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Leeware Users ....

Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    im considering getting one of these.whats everyones thoughts. im kinda weary only because it doesnt have windows but im sure i can learn everything i need to use it efficently... is it very troublesome getting the files downloaded to your hd?

thoughts , comments, suggestions.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    RTFM's Avatar <? print "BCC"; ?> BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Setting it up is quite easy, especially if you use Buggyme's walkthrough on running uTorrent. However, if things get screwed up, Linux can be a pain to work with for an someone with little experience, and the VPS is unmanaged, so you won't get much help there.

However, for the price and speed, I'd say it's worth it if you can't afford a dedicated box.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    yea i figured id follow the walkthrough and if things got messy there was enough people running it on here to be able to help.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    I'm greatful for mine, but the HDD space is just not enough! I think I will hold on to this for a few months and get another company with over 100GB HDD space. Also, low RAM seems to have an effect. I use the VNC viewer a lot to get mu torrents up and going, so RAM and processor is a bottleneck (especially for hashing/checking torrents).
    Otherwise, it is a great but. Price/speed is fantastic. Atso, the bandwidth is unmetered unlike many other companies.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    RTFM's Avatar <? print "BCC"; ?> BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    I would recommend loading your torrents through the WebUI (setup is explained in Buggyme's tutorial). Don't have to deal with the lag of the VNC. Although it doesn't have all of the same features that are accessible in uTorrent, it's easier to deal.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Mr Nice Guy BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    Quote Originally Posted by TheQuasi View Post
    I would recommend loading your torrents through the WebUI (setup is explained in Buggyme's tutorial). Don't have to deal with the lag of the VNC. Although it doesn't have all of the same features that are accessible in uTorrent, it's easier to deal.
    i agree 100% with this comment, i got the firefox plugin and load them through webui, it is soooooo much easier that way and also faster

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by letstrade View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheQuasi View Post
    i agree 100% with this comment, i got the firefox plugin and load them through webui, it is soooooo much easier that way and also faster
    Normally, I too would agree. However, I am an uploader at Revtt. They have a bad system where you upload a torrent with the announce tracker set as tracker.revoluttion.net/announce.php. Then after you upload, you have to download the torrent again and rechack the file. So when I upload files to my server to seed to revtt, I have to recheck the files (i do it in vnc so that I can make sure it is saving to the right path). Also, If I download files from another site to upload to revtt, I need to create a torrent. To do that I need to be in vnc.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    so do you continue to seed stuff off your normal connection and still seed off the leeware at the same time? im wondering simply because the site would show 2 ip or is that not a problem.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    not.so.legend BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    Quote Originally Posted by import_fighter View Post
    so do you continue to seed stuff off your normal connection and still seed off the leeware at the same time? im wondering simply because the site would show 2 ip or is that not a problem.
    read the site faq b4 u proceed..
    for me..so far so ok

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    I don't use the files that I download from my box. I only use it to boost my ratoi. If I want something, I will download it directly.

Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast