Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: seedbox info needed please

ok that sonds good.. i have rss feeds already on my site.im very sorry for all the questions its jus im a complete nebie to this seedbox thing.. will this seedbox make the torrents a faster download for others?

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    muntathr's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Basically :

Tracker ... Your site with the tracker installed on it and it contains all the torrents which members can download/upload.

SeedBox ... Your REMOTE SERVER ,your place to hold all the files you like to upload to your TRACKER.

So the play is simply ; )

1-you upload the files you like to your REMOTE SERVER(seedbox).

2- you put all these files in your utorront client ON THE REMOTE SERVER (seedbox) .

3- From your Tracker , reference/point your torrents to the files on your Remote Server (seedbox) .

4- So you are being now Seeding your files for your TRACKER .

Maybe this helps abit?

success

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    yep thank you so much now i understand... so basicaly instead of you seeding your torrents fromyour computer they are on the server seeding?

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    You still havent answered which OS your server is using...
    Answering that question would make it a hell of alot easier to give you an answer.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    ok sorry for late reply..we are running unixi and on that i have a dedicated server...........sorta understand the seedbox now but just need to know how to install client on my server ect
    Last edited by dano24; 04-06-2007 at 06:41 PM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    all depends on the client you are planning on using. Most of the clients for unix will have documentation on the clients website or within the package of files.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    i wanna use utorrent..my m8 provides me with the dedicated server so all i need is the instruction on how to install utorrent on the server and he can set this up for me....

Do you need windows OS isntalled on this dedicated server? Or you can
    setup this seedbox on FreeBSD too?
    Last edited by dano24; 04-07-2007 at 01:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    - - NL - - BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    if the server is linux , than it is recommended to use Utorrent webUI ,others application , like VNC won't help that much especially if you are running on win32 platform (windows xp...) .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12