Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: seedbox info needed please

Hi. im very interested in setting up a seedbox for my tracker. my tracker is very new and we dont have a great deal of members yet and its starting to get very anoying seeding for days on end cos know one is downloading all torrents so know i noticed about this seedbox and it sounds fantastic..

i have my own dedicated server for my tracker already.

i understand i will need another dedicated server for the seedbox.

cod someone exsplain to me how to install a seedbox on my dedicated server please cos il love to set this up and make my torrents better

all i need is instruction on how to install and set this seedbox up..
    any help id be very greatfull.

ps. if i have posted this in the wrong section i am very sorry

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Poster BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    which seedbox you got? which company? is it windows or linux?
    Just give a bit more information

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    RTFM's Avatar <? print "BCC"; ?> BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Seedbox installation is pretty simple. If you're running Windows, all you need to do is install uTorrent/Azureus/your favorite client and you're good to go. If you use Linux, you can either install TorrentFlux, uTorrent through Wine, or rTorrent.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    You basically would just have to install a FTP server as well as a torrent client on your dedicated server. A "seedbox" isnt a special peice of software which I can assume you think it is. Its more of just a server dedicated to just seeding files.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    ok sounds good.... ok what i dont understand is how do you get the uploaded torrents onto the client thats installed on the server???

thanks for the quick reply

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    There are several ways to get the .torrent files to the server. You can use uTorrent's WebUI, FTP, SSH, Remote Desktop Connection (Windows) or VNC.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    All depends which Operating system you have installed on the server.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    ok il install utorrent onto the server..
    so when a uploader on my site uploads a torrent will it automaticall go ont the utorrent client thats on my other server??

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    No, when an uploader adds a torrent, they are responsible for seeding the torrent. You need to add the .torrent to your client on the seedbox and have it download before you can seed. This can be done automatically with RSS feeds, I believe.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast