Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just thought of a great new way to keep ratios.

mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    removed on request
    Last edited by tesco; 04-08-2007 at 01:39 AM. Reason: removed on request

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    LinkS v2.0's Avatar LinkS BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    cheat this is identical to the "summary ban".

But yes this will work on any tracker and you wont be "caught".

An easier way is to just remove the tracker from the tracker list and your client will no longer announce to the tracker hence free download.

Then again I dont recommend cheating
    Mr Angry

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Oh, that's what that "summary ban" is in all the FAQs. Well, I didn't think of it as cheating, but I guess it is. I noticed it when I closed utorrent and it didn't report my stats. I went back to my profile on the site and the torrents were still shown as active.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Poster BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    I think it would work, but wouldnt it be considered...cheating? It has happened to me that my pc crashes once in a while and i have to restart it.

Since the client doesnt announce to the tracker, it doesnt update the stats. So what you're saying is basically the same without the crashing part. But done on purpose...

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    LinkS v2.0's Avatar LinkS BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by mbucari1 View Post
    Oh, that's what that "summary ban" is in all the FAQs. Well, I didn't think of it as cheating, but I guess it is. I noticed it when I closed utorrent and it didn't report my stats. I went back to my profile on the site and the torrents were still shown as active.
    unfortunately this has been know for a while by cheaters and you can ask most tracker owners they'll all say there is no way to detect this without banning most legit users
    Mr Angry

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by LinkS v2.0 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mbucari1 View Post
    unfortunately this has been know for a while by cheaters and you can ask most tracker owners they'll all say there is no way to detect this without banning most legit users
    OH, well I won't be a part of this then. I don't like to break the rules. Guess will have to work like before. Though seedbox is making it much easier

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    RTFM's Avatar <? print "BCC"; ?> BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    That's pretty similar to ghost leeching (downloading without reporting to the tracker). It is cheating and bad for the system.

Plus, with a seedbox, who needs that?

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    never heard of ghost leeching. Only cheat I've ever heard of is the ont that reports fake stats.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    kayvanblue's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    removed on request
    Last edited by tesco; 04-08-2007 at 01:40 AM. Reason: removed on request

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    aryan1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    it is cheating man!!!!coz u will be doing it on purpose....edit ur post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast