Thread: Pulling my hair out!!!

I have read up and down just about every forum that I have found and still have not been able to find an answer to my problem. I cannot understand how to repair these corrupt rar/zip files. My downloads come with the par2's and I have quickpar. What am i supposed to do? I have 3 par2 files, when i double click on them, quickpar says that each one of them is missing 8 blocks. If the file is really old how do I ask for more blocks? Is there a simpler way of doing this or am i just over looking something. PLEASE HELP ME????

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    General2k's Avatar Death's End BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Gee, Brain what do you want to do tonight?
    The same thing we do every night Pinky. Try to take over the world!

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    Yes I did. What I really want to know is if I need more blocks. How am i supposed to get them otherwise if the person didnt post them? Can I not make them somehow?

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    General2k's Avatar Death's End BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    If you have grabbed all of the par files and are still falling short then you will have to request more par files or else you will not be able to fix them.
    Requesting more par files is something you will probably not be able to do.

If you only need a couple more blocks then you might be able to try and redownload some of the more damaged files in hope that you will then get a better copy.
    Gee, Brain what do you want to do tonight?
    The same thing we do every night Pinky. Try to take over the world!

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    first chq the nzb with nzbval, if nzbval says all the parts are ok then download the same part again with different newsreader. I recomended newsbin.

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    sounds like your news server might be a free and/or crappy version with really bad completion. There's a good review of pay servers over at slyck.com

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    Well if you really desperate and motivated give irc a go....I almost chuckled to myself at the thought..It can be done but it will take some work on your part to learn it...Here are two posting that will help you download the individual rars you need.https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/guide...-network-83829
    and this https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/guide...-archive-58238
    If you learn how to do this you will learn how to fix anything.....But it will take effort on your part and remember google is your friend...You don't have to download all the rars again just enough to let the par files do there job...Good Luck you will need it

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by kbussen View Post
    I have 3 par2 files, when i double click on them, quickpar says that each one of them is missing 8 blocks. If the file is really old how do I ask for more blocks? Is there a simpler way of doing this or am i just over looking something. PLEASE HELP ME????
    From that description, sounds like the poster ****'ed up, perhaps has their quickpar generator 'skipping' the 'reverification' mode, or... may have bad memory (seen that happen over the years). If you would say 'which' rarfiles you're trying, perhaps someone here could verify (or not) your probelms, and if they managed to get a good parity check, would upload a knowngood par set. But bad par2 files means you're in the dumper, it would be a VERY small rarset to have only 3 par2's, maybe a cd file?