Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: World's Most Dominant Sportsman

But a bloke drinking beer and throwing little sticks at a target is a sport and he is the most dominating sportsman of all???
    He probably can't swim or run very far and certainley isn't very fit but he can play darts better than anyone else??
    This makes him better than Tyson, Best, Prost, Cristie, Goodhew, Hendry etc etc....????

Not sure of spelling on some of those!

Not being funny but you don't seem to want anyone elses opinion, you just want to say Phil Taylor is great!

Jonno B)
    The idiosyncratic syntax of riddles interests me

2. Lounge   -   #42
    juan manuel fangio and ayrton senna for the f1 crown alongside schumacher.
    to see that race would be bloody brilliant, but you can't really compare them, they're from different eras totally

3. Lounge   -   #43
    Poster
    Stephen Hendry has won a record seven World championships, six Masters and five UK championships. He has won 34 ranking (record) and 76 titles in all (from 107 finals).

4. Lounge   -   #44
    Originally posted by callum@2 June 2003 - 00:47
    Stephen Hendry has won a record seven World championships, six Masters and five UK championships. He has won 34 ranking (record) and 76 titles in all (from 107 finals).
    he's also scottish, which helps

he was (and still is but not to such an extent) an incredible snooker player

5. Lounge   -   #45
    Originally posted by callum@1 June 2003 - 23:47
    I agree, over a long period Hendry dominated the world of snooker. He won everything, including the world Chanpionship, and was the number one at the end of every year.

6. Lounge   -   #46
    Forum Star
    Originally posted by JPaul+2 June 2003 - 01:22--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JPaul @ 2 June 2003 - 01:22)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Bender@2 June 2003 - 00:16
    Looking at what he did to his old lady, I think O.J. Simpson is still the world&#39;s most dominant sportsman.
    You&#39;ve taken that too far.

Can I ask you, as a mod, to delete your own post.

On the basis of extremelly poor taste.

This is the lounge but we do have our limits [/b][/quote]
    No problem.

As of now, you are the Mod&#39;s Mod.

7. Lounge   -   #47
    Poster
    Originally posted by CELEBS_ARE_US@2 June 2003 - 00:40
    But a bloke drinking beer and throwing little sticks at a target is a sport and he is the most dominating sportsman of all???
    He probably can&#39;t swim or run very far and certainley isn&#39;t very fit but he can play darts better than anyone else??
    This makes him better than Tyson, Best, Prost, Cristie, Goodhew, Hendry etc etc....????

Not sure of spelling on some of those&#33;

Not being funny but you don&#39;t seem to want anyone elses opinion, you just want to say Phil Taylor is great&#33;

Jonno B)
    I think you are being a little harsh here.

Not only do I want other people&#39;s opinions, I have invited, indeed embraced them.

All I am saying is the PT has dominated his sport more than anyone else.

I remain to be convincewd that anyone else has a claim on his crown. With regard to whether it is a sport or not, I believe I covered that very point at the outset.

8. Lounge   -   #48
    i suppose whether you consider darts a sport is subjective, not objective

9. Lounge   -   #49
    Originally posted by JPaul+1 June 2003 - 23:57--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JPaul @ 1 June 2003 - 23:57)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--CELEBS_ARE_US@2 June 2003 - 00:40
    He probably can&#39;t swim or run very far and certainley isn&#39;t very fit but he can play darts better than anyone else??

Not being funny but you don&#39;t seem to want anyone elses opinion, you just want to say Phil Taylor is great&#33;

Jonno B)

Not only do I want other people&#39;s opinions, I have invited, indeed embraced them.

I remain to be convincewd that anyone else has a claim on his crown. With regard to whether it is a sport or not, I believe I covered that very point at the outset. [/b][/quote]
    I have to agree. Itīs all very well saying that he is the best of all time. That may be true, but darts is a game, not a sport. Surely sport would require some sort of athletic endevour, not just throwing wee arrows at a board.

10. Lounge   -   #50
    Poster
    Originally posted by PB Montgolfier+2 June 2003 - 01:06--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PB Montgolfier @ 2 June 2003 - 01:06)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -JPaul@1 June 2003 - 23:57
    <!--QuoteBegin--CELEBS_ARE_US
    @2 June 2003 - 00:40

Jonno B)

I remain to be convincewd that anyone else has a claim on his crown. With regard to whether it is a sport or not, I believe I covered that very point at the outset.
    I have to agree. Itīs all very well saying that he is the best of all time. That may be true, but darts is a game, not a sport. Surely sport would require some sort of athletic endevour, not just throwing wee arrows at a board. [/b][/quote]
    This was covered in the opening post.

I realise that some people don&#39;t see darts as a sport, however by the same logic neither is snooker or Golf.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast