Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: World's Most Dominant Sportsman

Originally posted by newbie, newbie, newbie+1 June 2003 - 20:21--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (newbie, newbie, newbie @ 1 June 2003 - 20:21)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Z@2 June 2003 - 02:09
    i like your avatar.&nbsp;

edit: and sig&nbsp;
    thanks
    big thanks to Got memory? for his assistance in modifying my avatar.
    also, my sig is looking a little crappy, it&#39;s cos the source pics were huge (900x700) so the details are quite blurred [/b][/quote]
    its all good. thats an f-50, no?

2. Lounge   -   #62
    yep, Ferrari F50, one of the most beautiful cars in the world, imo.
    plus the music is glorious, it sounds brilliant

3. Lounge   -   #63
    music, huh?

neways, i prefer the 360 modena, no....spider and the 575m maranello.

edit: aaaand were officially off-topic.

4. Lounge   -   #64
    i did sense the off-topicness myself.
    to address this, what about Jack Nicklaus as a rival to Tiger?

p.s. about the Ferrari&#39;s, the sound of those engines is just brilliant. that sounds kinda sad, but i&#39;ve grown up with cars and love the sounds and sights of them.

5. Lounge   -   #65
    i think tiger is in a league by himself.

btw, you were talking about the engines, so i must agree. though ive only heard one or two at the most in real life.

6. Lounge   -   #66
    Originally posted by Z@2 June 2003 - 02:55
    i think tiger is in a league by himself.

btw, you were talking about the engines, so i must agree. though ive only heard one or two at the most in real life.
    yeah, talking about the engines. sorry if i never said that.
    i&#39;ve heard quite a few ferrari engines in my time, the 360 v8 sounds brilliant at high revs. i&#39;d love to go to a grand prix this year, possibly the british grand prix. to get anywhere near the cars would be great

7. Lounge   -   #67
    Fasttracker A
    No one in the world has been more dominant than Mike Tyson,
    in the years 85-88.

8. Lounge   -   #68
    Originally posted by nahan@1 June 2003 - 21:16
    No one in the world has been more dominant than Mike Tyson,
    in the years 85-88.
    i thought about that, but then ali was the greatest, so...

9. Lounge   -   #69
    Poster
    Originally posted by dingoBaby@2 June 2003 - 01:39
    My vote goes to hockey&#39;s Wayne Gretzky. He holds or shares 61 NHL records includeing career goals, assists and points. Not to mention the single season scoring record, the fact that he won the Ross Trophy (scoring champion) ten times, the Hart Trophy (league MVP) nine times, four Stanley Cups, three Canada Cups, and was named to the NHL all star team 15 times. He dominated the sport of hockey like no other and for that will always be known as the Great One. For a complete list of stats and accomplishemnts see this link: The Great One
    Nice one.

I didn&#39;t realise he was such a force in Hockey and over such a long period.

10. Lounge   -   #70
    Originally posted by JPaul@1 June 2003 - 21:59
    I know a lot of people don&#39;t think it&#39;s a sport but surely Phil "The Power" Taylor must be considered the most dominant sportsman of all time.

The number of titles he has won and the length of time he has been at the top of his game.

Truly amazing.

BTW He plays darts, for the uninitiated.
    I know that I&#39;m late joining this topic and many great sportsmen and women, have been nominated for dominating their respective sports&#33;

But, I agree with JPaul nobody has or probably will match Phil Taylor achievements or prowess B)

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast