Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Smoke Or Not To Smoke

JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by MediaSlayer View Post
    what freedoms will we lose next? how about, the whole world has to conform to a dress code, would that be suitable?
    Passive dressing, that would be a bad thing.

Smoke if you want, just don't make other people do it as well. In fact it's even better than that, the smoke from the lit end doesn't even go thro' the filter, so more tar and poisons.

2. Lounge   -   #12
    safa's Avatar ® BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by MediaSlayer View Post
    what freedoms will we lose next? how about, the whole world has to conform to a dress code, would that be suitable?
    Yip we are all gonna be stripped and forced to wear borat clothes

You like
    Last edited by safa; 04-08-2007 at 04:34 PM.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Bucktoof's Avatar Byaaah! BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Here in Vancouver, Canada, they banned smoking I think too a little while ago. They are even looking to ban in some public outdoor places as well.

Personally, I don't smoke and I can't stand the smell of cigarettes. It's fine for people to smoke in my opinion but I don't want to have to smell that stuff. Some smokers are good about it - they go find places to smoke where they won't bother other people. However, too many stand in the centre of bus shelters, outside buildings by the entrances or by vents, etc.
    http://4t.myminicity.com/ind - build industry!
    http://4t.myminicity.com/tra - build transportation
    http://4t.myminicity.com/sec - build security

4. Lounge   -   #14
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Quote Originally Posted by bunny67 View Post
    outside the pubs the pavements are full of people running out for a quick fix blocking the pathway of ordinary pedestrians , the floors are littered with fag ends which dnt look good and extra road sweepers and health police are being employed
    Hmm... perhaps the authorities should enter all those establishments and issue "litterbug" fines to all the smokers, doesn't matter if they were seen littering as they are a sharing bunch. They complain they are not being allowed to share their smoke so they should be more than happy to share the litterbug fine as a compromise

Extra employment??????? I've heard the ban will increase unemployment.

Private member only clubs that don't have open door policies should get an exemption though.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

5. Lounge   -   #15
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucktoof View Post
    Here in Vancouver, Canada, they banned smoking I think too a little while ago. They are even looking to ban in some public outdoor places as well.

Personally, I don't smoke and I can't stand the smell of cigarettes. It's fine for people to smoke in my opinion but I don't want to have to smell that stuff. Some smokers are good about it - they go find places to smoke where they won't bother other people. However, too many stand in the centre of bus shelters, outside buildings by the entrances or by vents, etc.
    In Scotland there are rules about how close to building entrances people can stand. To avoid passive smoking by people either entering or leaving the building. To be honest tho' that seems to be pretty much ignored. Tho' like you say some smokers are more considerate than others.

There are also rules regarding what constitutes an enclosed public space, Often bus shelters would fit into that category, depending on the shape and what percentage of the area is enclosed.

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Mathea's Avatar The Blonde Alibi BT Rep: +5
    Everyone said that when they did that ban in ny that bars would lose money etc but it's bs... ppl still go to bars and everyone smokes outside. Period.

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Hairbautt's Avatar *haircut

Unsure

Quote Originally Posted by Mathea View Post
    Everyone said that when they did that ban in ny that bars would lose money etc but it's bs... ppl still go to bars and everyone smokes outside. Period.
    We have the same ban in Florida - no problems.
    _________________________________________________________________________________________
    Last edited by Alien5; Jun 6th, 2006 at
    06:36 PM..

8. Lounge   -   #18
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    We're a dying breed literately , I'm most embarrassed when smoking outside at my boy's sporting events . When helping warm the team up or working the lines I won't smoke and if I must light up during a tight game ,when I not helping the coach I'll move away across the field from the kids and parents .

I quit smoking in the car with the kids but at home I have a computer room where its the only place I smoke . When I visit friends they put an ashtray outside for me if I must . Its called respect and it works both ways .

9. Lounge   -   #19
    Poster
    I have to disagree with most of you on this one, because im a smoker myself and i believe in free will, actually funny someone should mention the littering thing, because last week my brother went to catch a bus into town and when the bus came he threw his cigarette on the floor (as you do when the bus comes)

Next thing he knows 2 cops are grabbing him and giving him a 80 GBP ($160) On-The-Spot fine

He has got 3 children all under the age of 3 (1 is newborn), he doesnt work and the cops have to do something like that, so just for them doing that i tell ya im gonna smoke where ever i feel fit to do so, public place or not, I can see myself getting arrested every week for it (ahh just like the good old days lol)

10. Lounge   -   #20
    Mr JP Fugley's Avatar Frog Shoulder BT Rep: +4
    If you smoke in an enclosed public place you will be fined, or the owner will be fined, or both of you will be fined.

You won't do it, because you won't be allowed to.

I fully support your right to smoke and kill yourself. Please carry on. However you don't have the right to make that choice for other people.
    "there is nothing misogynistic about anything, stop trippin.
    i type this way because im black and from nyc chill son "

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast