Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Thread: See What They Made <<<<>>>>

DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    As you yourself admitted, hackers and cheaters can get into sites through normal means anyway. You have already shown you don't know what sites are doing with the users' info, previously stating you don't know of a single site that hunts for users to ban when one that shares your irc server clearly does. And as long as we're firing hypotheticals at each other, would you feel bad if a site you shared info with used it to hack your users accounts on other sites? Would you even tell your users who was responsible? The unfortunate incident at HDBits indicates the answer is probably no.

When Valerio stole his own users' login details, only two sites that I know of even mentioned it. Of these two better than avg sites, FTN gave no details about who it was, no indication of which site it was that we should be avoiding, and closed a thread that was discussing it. Bitmetv, whose anal-retentiveness one would hope one could at least count on for a situation such as this, took the time to at least mention the site name, but went out of their way to push the announcement off their front page after barely a day. HDBits itself publicly denied it, to the shame of all of it's staff. I'm told Firon later made a post on the forums admitting; I don't know, I'm not reregging to find out. I'm not regged at your site, so I don't know what you said about it, but you can hardly blame me for not wanting my info so freely shared with admins you seem to have a lot of misplaced trust in.

Someone will surely twist this into me telling you what to do (as if such a proposition even made sense). All I am saying is that your morality play about fine upstanding admins doing what they must to combat the bad bad account traders rings a little hollow to those of us watching what's actually going on.
    Last edited by Sentient; 04-11-2007 at 02:03 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #72
    monk3y's Avatar Pirate's Life for me BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by kimii View Post
    When users post url's outside the site... all I do is warn and tell them to edit the post. That's exactly what I did with him.... Later on, I found that he had hacked a user's account earlier this year. That was the reason I had disabled him. Some of you guys posting in this thread have no respect whatsoever. All we ask is not to post our url. Why don't you just say FTN. I don't see how that's so hard.
    give me one reasonable reason for not posting the url ?
    do u think that if someone wants to ddos u it will realy be hard for him to get the url ?

Do not pm me requesting for invites as i have none to spare
    Signature & Avatar Rules

3. BitTorrent   -   #73
    BANNED BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    i don't want to be a smart ass but snakesman when you signup or when you recived the account i think that first thing that you do was to read their rules and faq and in their rules says :
    Quote Originally Posted by ftn rules
    NEVER mention our url outside of FTN. You may refer to "FTN" instead.

4. BitTorrent   -   #74
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Good discussion, but I think it's beating a dead horse at this point.

Closed.

yo

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678