Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Don "Dumbass" Imus

vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc View Post
    This said I have heard far, far worse from not just fringe conservative talk radio host, but from the ones considered mainstream without so much as a raised eyebrow from many of those going after Imus.
    Just as an aside, have you ever heard similar comments from a liberal,
    The "towel head" type comments or "they must be killed" type usually come from "conservative" radio show people. I don't get the liberal radio shows in this area, but if you could point to any comments made by "liberal" radio commentators that haven't drawn widespread condemnation I will be happy to condemn them.

and do you consider that "fringe" talk radio hosts must by default be conservative.
    This said I have heard far, far worse from not just fringe conservative talk radio host, but from the ones considered mainstream without so much as a raised eyebrow from many of those going after Imus.
    So I say the ones considered mainstream, and you think I default conservative to be "fringe".

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened

Just as an aside, have you ever heard similar comments from a liberal,
    The "towel head" type comments or "they must be killed" type usually come from "conservative" radio show people. I don't get the liberal radio shows in this area, but if you could point to any comments made by "liberal" radio commentators that haven't drawn widespread condemnation I will be happy to condemn them.

and do you consider that "fringe" talk radio hosts must by default be conservative.
    So I say the ones considered mainstream, and you think I default conservative to be "fringe".
    It's your terminology.

You note there are "conservatives", and then there is "mainstream" (which by definition would not be "fringe", I think you'd have to agree).

Forgive me for pointing out that something seems to be missing.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    It's all just part of your CVS (conservative victim syndrome)

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    It's all just part of my LRTSG (Liberal Rhetoric and Strategies Guide)
    /Fixed
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    I am loving this.

First it was Dumbass Imus (for a moment) and now it's about Al and Jesse....hell I didn't know Jesse was even part of this.

I thought Imus' suspension was warranted. Hell he's done shit like this before with nary a mention.

Fuck him.

I'm surprised that this was only a racial issue. What about the gender issue?

At the end, NBC makes too much money off of Imus to do anything past a suspension. What he did wasn't worse than Kramer or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by SHUVT View Post
    Like I said... It is just a way for the attention whores to get thier 15 minutes of fame. It will die down and everything will go back to normal until the next racial incident.

It is just another poison in the dog food media hype story.
    He's a top radio host and it wasn't blown way outta proportion. Hell he's also on TV (Howard Stern rip-off).

Last edited by Busyman™; 04-11-2007 at 02:48 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post
    Hell he's also on TV (Howard Stern rip-off).
    I think you may have that last somewhat backwards.

-Mark Twain

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    Fauxnews is, as expected, trying to make the story not about Imus, but instead about sharpton (what credibility does sharpton have?...he's a hypocrite for speaking about this at all). They have spent more time on the story attacking sharpton than on the actual remarks Imus made.

So what credible guest does Neil Cavuto have on to chat about Imus and pass judgment?

Someone that said somebody needs to put rat poison in the food of a supreme court justice.
    Someone that said 9/11 widows enjoyed the death of their husbands.
    Someone that said a congressman should have been killed by his own side when he was serving in the military.
    Someone who told a disabled Vietnam vet: "People like you caused us to lose that war." live on TV.

Ann Coulter

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    i saw some press conference on youtube were all the players were invited to comment but only a couple did. i wonder many of the no-commenters on the team, didn't comment because they really couldn't give a shit.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Hell he's also on TV (Howard Stern rip-off).
    How so?

Fauxnews is, as expected, trying to make the story not about Imus, but instead about sharpton (what credibility does sharpton have?...he's a hypocrite for speaking about this at all). They have spent more time on the story attacking sharpton than on the actual remarks Imus made.

So what credible guest does Neil Cavuto have on to chat about Imus and pass judgment?

Someone that said somebody needs to put rat poison in the food of a supreme court justice.
    Someone that said a congressman should have been killed by his own side when he was serving in the military.
    Someone who told a disabled Vietnam vet: "People like you caused us to lose that war." live on TV.

Ann Coulter
    Oh please don't bring her into this. She's a fucking bitch and a joke and I doubt j2 would have kind words for her.

The fact that she's even allowed on Fauxnews makes Fauxnews look idiotic.
    Last edited by Busyman™; 04-12-2007 at 05:11 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20

How so?
    Don Imus was on the air when Howard Stern was still wearing short pants.

Ann Coulter
    Oh please don't bring her into this. She's a fucking bitch and a joke and I doubt j2 would have kind words for her.

The fact that she's even allowed on Fauxnews makes Fauxnews look idiotic.
    I believe Ann Coulter appeared on Foxnews in the capacity of someone who had also recently suffered the slings and arrows of public outrage for slurring gays by comparing them to John Edwards.

This is a tactic commonly used across the TV news wasteland; Foxnews is certainly not the first to do it.

BTW-

Should we rehash that thread about what color you have to be in order to be allowed use certain racial epithets?

Anyone wanna talk about Tawana Brawley?

-Mark Twain

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast