Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Don "Dumbass" Imus

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Whatta jerk.

Just the same, though, after all the commentary, punditry, and sermonizing, the only people involved who come off with any sort of dignity at all are Vivian Stringer (Rutgers' coach) and her players.

Everyone else (and I mean everyone), especially Imus and Al Sharpton, sounds like a right collection of self-righteous idiots.

http://ncaabasketball.aolsportsblog....ot-going-away/
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    SHUVT's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    The only time good ol Al and Jesse come out of the closet is when there is something racial that hits the national media. They are a bunch of assclowns. I think Imus's comments were off colored, but blown way out of proportion. It is just another excuse for every Tom Dick and Harry to get there 2 seconds in the public spotlight. If they If good ol Al an Jesse where that concerned at how the comment portrayed women and black women in particular, then why aren't they in the public spotlight boycotting black rap stars and thier songs that completely put women down and call the bitches, hoes and much worse. They oportunist media leeches that make sick.

If you do not like what Imus says...Turn the damn channel. The only people that even knew who Imus was lived on the East Coast. Pathetic! So now when the media reports on a web page or blog that has some off colored joke or comment is Al going to come running? Only if the report is going to be on TV.
    I haven't taken a beating like that since I opened my first issue of Hustler!
    The World is a Sick Place and I'm a Happy Guy!

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    I think what he said was outrageous, totally without merit even as satire and I think he was right to have apologised. I don't think it warranted a suspension but I can see why it was decided upon. If people don't like it, don't listen to him.

This said I have heard far, far worse from not just fringe conservative talk radio host, but from the ones considered mainstream without so much as a raised eyebrow from many of those going after Imus.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    SHUVT's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Like I said... It is just a way for the attention whores to get thier 15 minutes of fame. It will die down and everything will go back to normal until the next racial incident.

It is just another poison in the dog food media hype story.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    HeavyMetalParkingLot's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by SHUVT View Post
    The only time good ol Al and Jesse come out of the closet is when there is something racial that hits the national media.
    That is one of "reverend" Al's cash cows. He comes out in an outrage, finds lawyers and whatnot for his "victims" and than he receives his "finders fee".

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    We need to send them both over to Iraq to assist them with thier human rights issues.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc View Post
    This said I have heard far, far worse from not just fringe conservative talk radio host, but from the ones considered mainstream without so much as a raised eyebrow from many of those going after Imus.
    Just as an aside, have you ever heard similar comments from a liberal, and do you consider that "fringe" talk radio hosts must by default be conservative.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    weenden's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    i thought he was going to cry on rev als show ...i cant stand him hate the way he sounds
    im just a frigen dreamer and im waiting for them to come true ....trust(trst)n. 1. Firm reliance on the integrity, ability, or character of a person or thing.
    2. Custody; care.
    3. Something committed into the care of another; charge.
    4. a. The condition and resulting obligation of having confidence placed in one.
    b. One in which confidence is placed.
    "and Yes people have put trust in me""and i thank you all"

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyMetalParkingLot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SHUVT View Post
    The only time good ol Al and Jesse come out of the closet is when there is something racial that hits the national media.
    That is one of "reverend" Al's cash cows. He comes out in an outrage, finds lawyers and whatnot for his "victims" and than he receives his "finders fee".
    Yeahman.

I wonder why no one ever raises the topic of Tawana Brawley anymore, or his Jew-baiting.

Of course, "Hymietown" still gets a miss with Jesse, just as the word "Chappaquiddick" has been erased from the recollections of anyone speaking to/of Teddy Kennedy.

Of course, these things have a five-minute half-life for certain people.

Quote Originally Posted by weenden View Post
    i thought he was going to cry on rev als show ...i cant stand him hate the way he sounds
    He can't say a thing without sounding whiny, tone- or content-wise.

His problem now is that he can't see his way clear to shut his yap, 'cuz he's a "good person", and everyone needs to know that.
    Last edited by j2k4; 04-10-2007 at 11:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

-Mark Twain

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    weenden's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    yes whiny thats it thx much
    im just a frigen dreamer and im waiting for them to come true ....trust(trst)n. 1. Firm reliance on the integrity, ability, or character of a person or thing.
    2. Custody; care.
    3. Something committed into the care of another; charge.
    4. a. The condition and resulting obligation of having confidence placed in one.
    b. One in which confidence is placed.
    "and Yes people have put trust in me""and i thank you all"

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast