Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Grabit and Vista

With UAC switched on, writes to Program Files\Grabit are redirected to:

C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\GrabIt\Download\

So you can rescue your missing downloads from there.

Then go into Grabit and change the save locations so that future downloads go somewhere sensible.

2. Newsgroups   -   #12
    Quote Originally Posted by gtxl1200 View Post
    Ok is this just me or everyone. When I was using Grabit in winxp you click on nzb file and it would download the files pertaining to the nzb file and put them in a folder usually name the folder from what ever group the file was coming out of. well now Since I have installed Vista and click on NZb file grabit downloads it but it doesnt put it anywhere that I can find it doesnt create the folder. I have tried a couple of different files still same result. The real head scratcher is I do a search in Vista and it cant even find the files that I downloaded. So what the heck. I have looked in every file and folder on my hard drive and cant find them anyone else with Vista having this problem or at least know where vista is putting the files?
    I have had a similar problem with xp and grabit in the past.The solution for me was to just update the grouplist(odd but it helped)...The files that were in the cache although complete were not decoded.I had to download a manual decoder(grabit usually does this for you) Just did a quick search and this post discusses the issue https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-new...ghlight=decode

3. Newsgroups   -   #13
    gtxl1200
    Ok fellas I did get it to work. I did give it the admin. Privledges. and rebooted. Everything works like it is supposed to now. Now just to save a headache any program I install now I just go through those steps to save myself the hassle I have never hated a OS as much as I hate VISTA this is an annoying piece of crap.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12