Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Convince Me To Buy An X- Box!

MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    I think people should worry about the quality of games rather than the quantity. XBox doesn't have the same calibre.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

2. Games   -   #22
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    well now you can get a PS2 emulator for the xbox, so if your xbox is chipped you can play all of your PS2 games real and coppied on your xbox console. i havnt tried this emulator myself but my mate has and he says its the real deal, the good thing is if you can afford it you can install a big hdd (upto 200gig) in the xbox and then store all your games on the hdd so there isnt even wny wiating for the game to load up now. so if you havnt got a PS2 and you are thinking of either the XBOX or PS2 then there is only one choice and thats the xbox as you can play both consoles games on the xbox.

stoi

3. Games   -   #23
    DarkBlizzard's Avatar Poster
    Xbox all the way! Its graphics are far better than ps2's. Ps2's games all have not so realistic graphics..Also most people think the controllers on xbox are to big...but now i can buy a Controller S..which is smaller. So Xbox is the perfect game system. A system called " Xbox Next" will be coming out around or before the time of PS3

4. Games   -   #24

QUOTE (ian_l_williams @ 2 June 2003 - 18:53)
                            Don't get an xbox, the games (I don't know about over the internet ones) just aren't as good as PS2 games. Even the ones they've transferred from ps2 just arent as smooth and in many the gameplay isn't as
                            good. Plus no tekken so whats the point.
    lol smooth.. ha, its better on xbox also.... xbox load faster (cuz of the built in hd) and.... xbox and ps2 have almost the same games, so theres no point in getting a ps2. Also if you mod you xbox you can do 200x more things than a modded ps2 can do
    I think u guys missed the point, I know the PS2 doesn't compare in technical specs to the XBOX, the graphics and speed simply aren't as good, but in terms of gameplay the PS2 wins hands down. Try any of the games that are on both systems (ie ported from PS2) for a week and for most of the games you'll soon realise what a pile of shit the xbox version is. When u say u can get all the games of the PS2 on the Xbox what u really mean is u can get a worse version of the game. Like MagicNakor said its all about the quality of the games. (I've never tried this emulator stoi mentions so can't comment on that)

5. Games   -   #25
    get a ps2, easier to chip, more variety of games, and y would you want a pc in a box when you've allready got one?, Ps2's the better gamers console, but if you wish to be different and a microsoft jombie then x-box it is!

ps2 emulator on the x-box LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL yea right!!!!!! come to think of it my nes does play dreamcast games with this class new thingy.............

6. Games   -   #26
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Kid1a, i have the feeling your taking the piss here, there has been one on irc for a month or so now, but as i havnt got my xbox chipped i havnt bothered to download it, like i said i cant verify it but my mate has and he says it works, im thinking of getting it chipped next week if i can afford the £30 for it so i will report back with my findings then, if its a load of crap i will hold my hands up and admit it, but i know they have been working on one for about 6 months now so it wouldnt surprise me at all if this is the real deal.

stoi

edit: PS You can chip an xbox without a chip now, just ftp it with you pc and its done, im not sure of the details but ive heard its very easy to do, the only prob with doing this is that you cant revert back to it being not chipped like with the chipped ones you can switch the chip on or off if you want. Also it costs (from the person who fits them) £80 to get your ps2 fitted with the latest chip and only £50 to get the xbox chipped, i know i mentioned £30 before but thats because im family i will get it for that price.

7. Games   -   #27
    Look guys! I have a ps2! and a crappy computer! I cant afford an upgrade but I can afford an X-box I wanna play Half life 2 and Doom 3 and Deus ex: Invinsible war! I think that the upgraded ps2 is bull! Its a way to make more money and to see if the format of putting a bunch of features in a console sells! Its basicly a test for the Ps3 Sony is trying to sell all their componets in one thing.

They failed with acomplishing that with the Ps2........The cell processor is supposed to comunicate with other electronic objects thus connecting to anything else that is Sony. It is supposed to make you buy more Sony products, it is cofusing but a conspiricy if you ask me.
    Sony is trying to reach a Microsoft like state by dominating the world with their media.

Oh yeah I might buy an X-box and boycott Sony because they're getting too greedy they trying to take over peoples lives with games like Everquest.

8. Games   -   #28
    Tikibonbon's Avatar It'll Get Ya Drunk!
    you can afford an x-box but you can't afford a barebone system and slap in you current drives?
    http://jerome.galica.free.fr/dc%20comics/Green%20Lantern/GreenLantern_ION.gif

9. Games   -   #29
    Well an X-box is like 250$ while an upgrade is like 1000$ at least! the games are pretty demanding you need like a 500$ video card to run em (Canadien money) since the X-box dosent need to run an operating system it needs less powerfull hardware.

10. Games   -   #30
    Tikibonbon's Avatar It'll Get Ya Drunk!
    you can get a good barbone for about 150 dollars and if you aren't a powergamer you can get by with a 64m video card
    http://jerome.galica.free.fr/dc%20comics/Green%20Lantern/GreenLantern_ION.gif

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast