Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How important is the design to u?

Jaits's Avatar n00b BT Rep: +3
    well the title says it all...

i m just curious... would u be more compelled to stay in a tracker (upload, contribute, post etc) with a neat web 2.0 kind of style (made with div's) and aimed towards usability and layout with plenty of ajax for a more fluid experience without page reloads or do u prefere the oldschool tbsource sort of tracker (layout is with tables) with no js on it and just the same old layout with just different colors (like pretty much every tracker nowardays...

the q really is, would a neat design (for example seedit.org design - which inmo is incomplete but u get the idea) affect ur decision to join and stay in a tracker (ie visit it again) or is it just the content....

i guess both are important, but if u think about it... the content will come as long as ppl care about the tracker and do their part by uploading and keeping seeds for a long time... the content will accumulate, and the speeds will be sufficiently gd... so taking content out of the equation... how much does a design affect ur desision to stay in a tracker (u can also mention other factors that affect that decision for u).... i m just curious....

for me a design is really important and the web 2 style (like seedit) makes the whole experience much more enjoyable for me..... if only it was in english and it was js degreadable (ie the site worked fine without javascript being enabled) and had a few more features then it would be perfect inmo...
    Last edited by Jaits; 04-13-2007 at 02:05 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    BANNED BT Rep: +5
    well imo, design is important but it think there's other aspects that effect the tracker such as speed and content.
    ie, if theres a fast tracker with nice design its awesome but its not that crucial

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    SHUVT's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    I think design plays a factor in my decision to pay more attention to one tracker over another. I really like the Czone layout with the covers popping up as your curser passes over the torrent. I like the black, but the need to make the text pop a little bit more on the page. I am sure there are more features there as well, but it is not in english. A nice layout is good, but I can not say that I would hit one tracker with a good layout over another with a normal layout, good content, freeleech torrents and killer speeds.

I will have to go back through my trackers and see which layout I prefer. Czone just came to mind of the top of my head.
    I haven't taken a beating like that since I opened my first issue of Hustler!
    The World is a Sick Place and I'm a Happy Guy!

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    BANNED BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    1) Content
    2) Speed
    3) Community
    4) Staff
    5) Design

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    BANNED BT Rep: +2
    Don`t know if the search features are defined by the "design" thing, but without this features the site with good content worths nothing (I mean sort by # of seeders/leechers, by # of snatches, by the size, show the peers , search by title/all words etc)

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Jaits's Avatar n00b BT Rep: +3
    anything that is important to u mention it... it cant hurt

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    - - NL - - BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    the speed of a tracker is the most important to me .

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    ;o BT Rep: +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17
    i'm a graphic designer, so i won't be a member of a tracker if the design is god-awful and hard to look at like most trackers

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    QstorM's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    No matter how good a tracker is I won't use it if the background is black with white text because it makes MY eyes bleed. Trackers like TL, scc etc are great but they just make my eyes hurt.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    LinkS v2.0's Avatar LinkS BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    too me design is important
    Mr Angry

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast