Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Vista users tell me your experience!

delimare's Avatar Polyamorous BT Rep: +2
    Wait for hardware and software to catch up otherwise you may have problems. I resorted back to XP because I can't stand it when things are not working or missing.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    GaleaNatur's Avatar ---Retired--- BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    i had them for about one month!!!now back to XP!!!w8 until you use them...

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    can I curse? FUCK!
    Well if its hardware issues theres going to be none for me. I'm getting the AMD X2 6000+, 4GB DDR2 800, and 8800GTS superclocked. But I just want to know from user experience OVERALL if they had a lot of bad issues with drivers and software they used back in XP.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    medo's Avatar FST Elite BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    i didn't have any drivers issues and about software all popular softwares have vista version now
    Maybe one day we'll wake up and this will all just be a dream

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by medo View Post
    i didn't have any drivers issues and about software all popular softwares have vista version now

I call BS . There's quite a few programs that I like , that still don't work .

Lets just say it's a work in fucking progress ?

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/w.../aa905066.aspx

This ones better : http://kb.wisc.edu/helpdesk/page.php?id=5175
    Last edited by peat moss; 04-15-2007 at 10:43 PM.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Smith's Avatar Since 1989.. BT Rep: +1
    I work at staples..my experience is that its slow..and stupid. I dont like it at all.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    I've been running it for a couple of months. I ran the beta1, but got so frustrated by poor gfx drivers and irritating security stuff and poor software and driver support that i went back to xp.

Now that I am running Ultimate final, I can say that while it certainly is not done, it is very usable. my main priorities from a multimedia pov were to make sure that I could use AC3Filter to upconvert all my music to ac3 5.1 for decoding by my reciever. That works flawlessly (well the same flaws as xp, lol). The gaming support has greatly improved imho, and games are certainly playable. Actually, my first major problem occured today, when I tried to actually do some work and print something. My printer is networked to a downstairs xp pc, and connecting to it will give a stupid out of memory error. The workaround is not at all obvious, and not really documented, so that was a rather large downfall.

But overall, it runs smoothly with my 7800gt, X2 3800+, and 1gig of ram. Aero looks pretty, and more importantly, doesn't get annoying like many bells and whistles.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    DaMan05's Avatar GO HABS GO! BT Rep: +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17
    maybe underneath XP and Vista are different... but on the surface... they are the same... Vista is just sexier and more or less confusing, depending on the way you look at it. I would install Vista, just because its nicer and if you CAN run it, then why not?

as for compatibilty, ive had no problems whats so ever, other than the force feedback on my Formula Force GP steering wheel not working, and thats because Logitech hasnt released a Vista driver yet

btw: im on Ultimate 32-bit.... AthlonX2 4800+, 2x 7900GTX in SLi and 2GB ddr memory
    Last edited by DaMan05; 04-16-2007 at 02:12 AM. Reason: added btw

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    can I curse? FUCK!
    Oh yeah I guess it would be nice for people to put down their specs AND what they use their computers for. I'm mostly going to be using it for gaming and encoding movies I guess.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiranai_Baka View Post
    I'm mostly going to be using it for gaming and encoding movies I guess.
    From what I've read on other forums, vista gaming performance is near piss poor for most people even though they have high end rigs. Others have had good luck with it, so all you can do is try it and see what happens.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast