Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Vista users tell me your experience!

I have vista installed on my laptop (dell inspirion 6000d w x300 gfx) and it works fine but does seem more slugish than XP considering its a 2.13 pentium M, it has an experience index of 3.5, with the processor being the bottleneck

My biggest compliant is that my battery is old so it doesn't accurately gauge the remaining charge and vista goes into sleep mode even though the battery still last another half hour. XP had an option to do nothing when the battery got low and vista only has sleep, hibernate, and shutdown.

I only use the laptop for web surfing and viewing movies so it seems fine, but I wouldn't install vista on my desktop which i use for gaming and video encoding.
    Last edited by spirex; 04-16-2007 at 08:07 AM.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    DaMan05's Avatar GO HABS GO! BT Rep: +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkin Park View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiranai_Baka View Post
    I'm mostly going to be using it for gaming and encoding movies I guess.
    From what I've read on other forums, vista gaming performance is near piss poor for most people even though they have high end rigs. Others have had good luck with it, so all you can do is try it and see what happens.

hmm... i've pretty much ditched my computer gaming since i got my 360... but i did notice a performance difference in games... but im sure thats because the Vista driver do not support SLi for any GPUs other than the GF8 yet ... and right now, the $600 i spent on one of my 7900GTXs is pretty much going to waste...

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    waardeloos
    vista is just a nice upgrade off xp nothing more an nothing less.
    some minor things like playing games like battlefield 2142 not gona happen (jet) and my network card ceeps on crashing under vista

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    Quote Originally Posted by waardeloos View Post
    and my network card ceeps on crashing under vista
    hey... same with me every once in a while!

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    can I curse? FUCK!
    Quote Originally Posted by DaMan05 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by waardeloos View Post
    and my network card ceeps on crashing under vista
    Whats the make of your NICS?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    mikechrobot's Avatar Trader Hater BT Rep: +2
    Vista is the biggest bullshit ever made, it looks gay, the side bar on the right is only helpful with 16/9 screens cause with normal ones it just takes needed space, everything u do u need to confirm, no way to skip that, security not that much better than XP, maybe even worse, a lot of games don't work on it so u either have to get patches or live with it (and if the games are fake u can't get the patches to work correctly and no cracked patches are released cause supposadly the scene is boycotting vista). Overall, it's shit. Good thing I installed it on my other HD and tried it before updating from XP, couldn't live with having to use it

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiranai_Baka View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DaMan05 View Post

Whats the make of your NICS?
    D-link extreme something mobobber... dont want to check right now... dlink extremeG i think it is... with latest driver that windows update provided me.

Quote Originally Posted by mikechrobot View Post
    Vista is the biggest bullshit ever made, it looks gay,
    woah dude... its pretty nice... nicer than OS X

the side bar on the right is only helpful with 16/9
    very true... dual monitors are good...

everything u do u need to confirm, no way to skip that
    umm.... ya you can... turn off User Account Control... i did...

a lot of games don't work on it so u either have to get patches or live with it (and if the games are fake u can't get the patches to work correctly and no cracked patches are released cause supposadly the scene is boycotting vista).
    what are you talking about? I'm a hardcore gamer and have 34 games installed rite now... all cracked and working fine... get your facts straight dude... maybe really really really really old games... the oldest games i have installed are CS and the orginal UT and those work fine
    Last edited by DaMan05; 04-17-2007 at 12:24 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    i've been running vista ultimate 64 for over 3 months now and it's perfect. games still lack in fps compared to xp, but that will get better. i've gotten ALL my programs to work and they work just as they did in xp. there are certain things xp had i miss and things that vista has over xp i like. that side bar u can disable. i leave it (24' WS LCD). meh, i just like seeing the widget for my cpu performance and the local temp when @ desktop. all-in-all, vista is still my default OS and i ONLY boot to xp when i wanna game. i think the only prog that does not work is peerguardian 2. awaiting the rc1 on that one, but my kaspersky pretty much takes care of what peerguardian did anywho. ccleaner works, but needs updated BADLY! my pc is mainly used for movies, anime, & world of warcraft. no complaints. amd939 3500, 2gb ram, 6800gtoc.
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

9. Software & Hardware   -   #29
    can I curse? FUCK!
    By the way guys. I installed it already and I have to say.. its pretty good and I'm learning how to use the new interface. Here is my config:

EVGA Nforce 590 AM2 SLI motherboard
    AMD X2 6000+
    2x(2x1) G.skill 4-4-4-12 Ram
    Nvidia 8800GTS superclocked

Lets keep up the user experience stories for other people!

Quote Originally Posted by mr. nails View Post
    i've been running vista ultimate 64 for over 3 months now and it's perfect. games still lack in fps compared to xp, but that will get better. i've gotten ALL my programs to work and they work just as they did in xp. there are certain things xp had i miss and things that vista has over xp i like. that side bar u can disable. i leave it (24' WS LCD). meh, i just like seeing the widget for my cpu performance and the local temp when @ desktop. all-in-all, vista is still my default OS and i ONLY boot to xp when i wanna game. i think the only prog that does not work is peerguardian 2. awaiting the rc1 on that one, but my kaspersky pretty much takes care of what peerguardian did anywho. ccleaner works, but needs updated BADLY! my pc is mainly used for movies, anime, & world of warcraft. no complaints. amd939 3500, 2gb ram, 6800gtoc.
    Peerguardian works for me. The forums said it works for Vista except for blocking HTTP doesn't work I believe.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #30
    mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    game crashes cuz it uses too much ram

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast