Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lucid Dreaming

Yeah, I recently dedicated some useless time of mine looking up info on lucid dreaming because the thought of doing something like that sounded kool.. I've only been able to do it twice sucessfully.. Anyone else do it? What are your techniques and rituals before you go to sleep to make your lucid experience better?

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Poster
    Like yourself I have managed this a few times.

One good technique is to get into the habit of checking if you are awake, whilst you are awake. Think about trying to float for example.

Once it is a habit then you will do it whilst dreaming and realise that you are dreaming. If you feel the lucidity leaving you then for some reason spinning in the dream apparently helps.

To those who don't know. Lucid dreaming is becoming conscious that you are dreaming. You can then do things like fly. It sounds really wierd but it can be done and is quite an experience. It's almost a Matrix like thing.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    is that the out of body experience thing

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Guillaume's Avatar Kentish old lady BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Happened to me once or twice, but I never mastered the technique.Will try it your way Jpaul...

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Poster
    Originally posted by TheDave@2 June 2003 - 23:30
    is that the out of body experience thing
    No it's becoming aware that you are dreaming, while you are still dreaming.

It gives you conscious control over the dream. However it's not as if you have total control, more of an awareness that you can do anything you want.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    oh i get that its well cool.
    oh thats how its like the matrix, sometimes im stuck and i think hmmm i could do with a something and its in my hand. im not sure if i realise before or after it happens but it gets cool then.

i didnt know it had a name, i thought it was just a normal thing.

but you get kinda depressed in the mornin when you realise you dont got everything in the world

7. Lounge   -   #7
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    Just fall and miss the ground.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Poster
    Originally posted by MagicNakor@3 June 2003 - 00:30
    Just fall and miss the ground.

Particularly after a close escape from Agrajag, whilst a moutain is trying to fall on you, It helps if you also notice the lasb bottle of ..... oh never mind.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    i had one of those dreams where your falling but i didnt wake up. i landed face-first on some jaggered shingley rocks then i realised and did it again

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Originally posted by JPaul@2 June 2003 - 23:28
    One good technique is to get into the habit of checking if you are awake, whilst you are awake. Think about trying to float for example.

Once it is a habit then you will do it whilst dreaming and realise that you are dreaming. If you feel the lucidity leaving you then for some reason spinning in the dream apparently helps.
    Yeah, thats really the only way of mastering lucid dreaming that I know of. I wonder if those machines they sell on the internet really work. If you don't know what I am talking about I am talking about some of the stuff they sell at lucid dreaming sites. I saw these gogles that flash a red light in your eye at a precise time while sleeping. I have no idea how it works, but supposidly if the light hits ur eyes at the exact time you hit deep sleep something triggers you so that you know your dreaming, thus you become lucid.. Pretty interesting stuff..

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast