Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Linux = Retarted Windows Wannabe

i cant really tell by looking at that. you need to recheck that you dl'ed the right build for your mandrake. i have to dl for debian, mandrake, redhat, and of course freebsd.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Poster
    ...and Windows is trying to be more like Linux. That's gotta be worth something.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Storm's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    Originally posted by adthomp@3 June 2003 - 04:54
    one other reason Lunix is free!!!!
    so is XP...... these r the k-lite forums remember
    great FTP site for awesome quality video clips
    yeah, you have to sign up, but its worth it

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    VRWarper
    Originally posted by super_science_monkey@3 June 2003 - 03:38
    OK...so 2 days ago i installed linux mandrake 9.1 , this being the 4th distro ive tried i was obviosuly very hesitant but i didnt want to be a pawn of m$ forever so i did it anyways.BIG MISTAKE.
    1.) START UP WAS MUCH SLOWER THAN WINXP (XP- >20SECS MAN- <140SECS)
    2.) NO DECENT PROGAMS
    3.) VERY POOR MULTIMEDIA SUPPPRT (COULD GET SOUND TO WORK FOR 2HRS )
    4.) SUPPORT FROM LINUX COMMUNITY? they called me a "stupid ass f@#k" for not knowing how to use the console to install an rpm
    5.) CRAPPY WEB BROWSER
    6.) WINE BLOWS CHUNKS
    7.) EARLIER DISTRO (SLACKWARE 9.0) CRASHED AND SCREWED UP THE KERNEL AND WOULDNT BOOT UP

theres more but ive just downloaded Cowboy Bebop and wanna watch it. hope its good

id really appreciate your comments please.

WINDOWS FOREVER
    1) it depends on your setup and which distribution you use
    2) well your one awfully blind or stupid fella
    3) Did you even bother looking online for drivers for your sound card? usually "<driver name> linux driver" (without quotes) gives you some decent results at google.
    4) well if you had an iq over 10 you should at least try typing "rpm"
    5) You must have not have tried all the browsers taking that you were unable to type "rpm" before seeking help or even searching the net.
    IE Sucks because...
    a) The last standalone version of IE is 6.0 sp1.
    B) It has many exploits
    c) No built in ad/pop-up blocker
    d) Literally no skins
    e) No extensions or plugins
    f) Doesnt work *well* under linux
    6) Taking that you couldnt type "rpm" to test to see if it was a command, i doubt you can do the same for wine (which the command for is "wine") Hence, i also doubt you even used it.
    7) Dude...
    slackware = linux
    linux &#33;= slackware
    Its as stupid as calling all animals butterflies.

Personally, even though linux is good, Super Comp Newbies should NOT try any distribution of linux other then redhat or lindows (if you consider it linux).

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    uh a few things:

1.) i did download the right wine build for the distro
    2.) tying in the command line (console) i tried rpm and the softeware installer but still didnt work
    3.) SOUND CARD; my card has an AC97 controller which if YOU read on the internet youd find its not supported by many of the distros. there is sase project but is sucks
    5.) when i said i didnt like the web browsers for linux i meant the most common default(konguer, mozilla, netscapse (stupid netscape). i do however like opera(ncie ui)

Im still not sure if i want to use linux though. maybe a dual boot. LILO is the bootloader manager for linux isnt it?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Lilo is a little primitive, however it can still be used. Try grub as a boot loader. But actually I recommend you stay away from linux because you suck and your dumb as shit.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    wow linux has become some sort of cult. where anyone not fluent in it is scoffed at and is calledan "idiot", "ass fuck"," M&#036; slave", "queer" and shit load of other things that are just too mean to post.

WHY DO LINUX USERS HATE US JOE SIXPACKS?
    and how is linux going tot dominant the os market if anyone attemping to use it gets harassed for asking newbie questions?

im so confused (proably becuz im "dumb as shit")

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Ex-member
    Linux can be elitist but you have to put up with this rather than insulting the community as a whole.

Although I&#39;ve never used Linux, I think it&#39;s safe to say that Linux is much better than Windows but it is only as good as the person sitting at the keyboard.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    Poster
    shn has this complex... he feels that, because he knows how to use Linux, he&#39;s somehow ascended to the ranks of godhood. Of course, just like any community/organization, you have your extremists. It&#39;s better if you just ignore those people... or shoot them in the head... either way.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast