Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Agrees With Me That

BANNED
    ok it brings to my attention that all the movies today are just crap with the exception of two towers and hits like that most of the movies today are aimed for teens such as american pie crap. tenn movies. just whre is everything going now????

anie movies used to be great in the 80s

the 70s were the best time for movies

idiana Jones
    godfather
    Jaws
    Star wars

whats going on???

I go to see whats at the movies and can't find anything decent actors like Mel gibson and anie are payed to do lethal weapon 4 and T3 its just turing bad and its a huge dissapointment

Horror movies are never like they use to be the helloweens friday 13th Exocist Omen

I just can't find any classic movies that appeal to me these days

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    ummm...matrix was good and ill be watching the next one in a longggg time

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    BANNED
    ummm...matrix was good and ill be watching the next one in a longggg time
    yeah to be honest I havnt seen it yet. so I cant judge that movie but it just seems to be that u have a look on whats at the movie in only 1 in 10 movies is decent to watch!!!

also what ive heard and read about reloaded was dissapointing like what happened to phantom Menece to much digial stuff which is exactly my point

but u have a look Lord of the rings X men 2 matrix reloaded ok theres the big 3 that are decent at the moment

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Well adthomp I dont entirely agree with you. Although it is true that the 70s had many excellent films, along with the 80s...they also had a majority of films being crap. Which is natural, cuz the Movie Studios are really just throwing out as much as they can to see what sticks. Now, as of recently there havent been to many great films...but I decided to test your 1 in 10 theory:

1 Finding Nemo (2003) 70.6m 70.6m
    2 Bruce Almighty (2003) 35.6m 135.0m
    3 Italian Job, The (2003) 19.3m 19.3m
    4 Matrix Reloaded, The (2003) 15.0m 232.0m
    5 Daddy Day Care (2003) 6.8m 82.0m
    6 X2 (2003) 5.0m 199.0m
    7 Wrong Turn (2003) 5.0m 5.0m
    8 In-Laws, The (2003/I) 3.6m 14.4m
    9 Down with Love (2003) 1.5m 17.2m
    10 Lizzie McGuire Movie, The (2003) 1.0m 39.2m
    Thats this past weekends top 10 grossers. Now out of the 10 films there ( I thankfully havent seen Lizzy...but Im going to make a large assumption and say it was utter crap) Id say 3 are utter crap. 4 are mediocre...but can be entertaining at certain levels. And 3 are great films. The 3 greats are Finding Nemo, X2, and Down with Love.

Sure it isnt always like that...Im sure there are many times where your 1 in 10 is acurate. But there are others, most notably nov/dec where there were quite a handful of notable films. Now personally...I have favorites from every decade, and as for cgi (espechially in swep2 and reloaded)...I think if it becomes a leg of your film...your making a bad move. But if used correctly, it can add.

Those are just my thoughts though...plus its late so I may be completely off...

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Whats down with love?

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Down with Love is a throwback to the old Doris Day romantic comedies of the late 50s early 60s.

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    crazy_billy_bats's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by thegroggman@3 June 2003 - 07:24
    Down with Love is a throwback to the old Doris Day romantic comedies of the late 50s early 60s.
    i thought it looked shit groggers....could be wrong tho

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    Egh..well I typically dont enjoy romantic comedies...at least not those made in the past 20 years or so. But I have always been a big fan of 60s romance films. I dont know why. But Im just a big sucker for them, espechially Audrey Hepburn. And Down with Love is not as good as the classics...but it is still a charming film.

Edit: Morning Bill

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    crazy_billy_bats's Avatar Poster
    i think a lot of movies made nowadays are complete and utter shite, and the ratio is more on the side of bad movies, but not as much as 95 %!!
    i think the studios have too much money to burn, and occasionaly they make a good film out of their $200 million.
    cutthroat island, anyone?

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    think a lot of movies made nowadays are complete and utter shite, and the ratio is more on the side of bad movies, but not as much as 95 %!!
    I completely agree. But I dont think anyone should say that one decade is paticulary better than any other (although if we did the 70s would take the cake) because the ratio has always been like that. The only reason it doesnt seem so is because people forget all the crap that was released and instead focus on the classics.

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast