Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Problems Playing Dvd Ripped Avi Files

hi there, i have problems playing dvd ripped movies that are converted into avi format. the sound is ok but the video is kind of lag/freeze/not smooth/no moving. i tried playing others avi files like "friends" with no problems.

i have also installed all possible codecs i've found on the web, i have the kazaalite codec, divx 5.05 player, 3.xx codec bla bla bla.

does the problem comes from my computer? im using celeron 400, with build-in graphic card 8mb, 156 ram.......

i tired playing the file (movie: freddy got fingered and the royal tenebaums) with divx player, W Media player 9, power dvd xp, avi preview but the result is still the same. or is it because of the file is ripped from a dvd? my cheap pc will certainly not be able to play a dvd file because of the graphic card problems.

please help!!!

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    BANNED
    M8 ur specs may b a bit under,hav u tried playin'ur avi's with a
    lite player like videolan or bsplayer

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Since I don't know exactly what kind of AVI you're having problems with, I'm not sure about this, but; my guess is it's some kind of a vcd file. In that case; your box might be a big part of the problem. But advice you to download SVCD-player. It's a killer program (and free) that plays these files just fine, even on slower boxes! Sorry i don't have a link for it...

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    i've downloaded bsplayer and videolan, i can only hear the sound but no video.

and i cant find the svcd player.... can some one please give me the link

i have no problem playing other avi files with no "dvd ripped" word in the file's name.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    BANNED
    Originally posted by carkeen@3 June 2003 - 10:37
    i've downloaded bsplayer and videolan, i can only hear the sound but no video.

and i cant find the svcd player.... can some one please give me the link

i have no problem playing other avi files with no "dvd ripped" word in the file's name.
    Carkeen uninstall all ur codecs,dowload and install the kazaalite codec pack,then tri and play the files

kazaalite codec pack
    Bs players included with the codec pack,so watch u dont install it twice.
    I think theres a svcd decode include as well.

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Same thing here. I have a 400 MHz AMD processor with 256MB of RAM. I have an 8MB ATI all-in-wonder card in the computer in case we move the satelitte in this room and I wanna watch TV But right now I'm using a 32MB Verto PCI graphics card (nVidia TNT2 chip).

I downloaded The Fast and the Furious and using AVI preview it will skip and get behind on the audio where people will talk and then you'll see their lips move 5 seconds later. However, in AVI preview, when it's processing the audio bar has more than the video bar by about 1/5 or so. Could that be the problem?

I might have found the SVCD-player, but I'm downloading it now. Is this name "Elecard MPEG2 (SVCD) player"? There are acouple more I found doing a quick google search that I might try, too.

One more question, what is the best and quickest way to burn the DVD rips to CDs and watch on my DVD player? I don't care if it loses quality, but seeing as it takes about 3 hours to encode a 130 meg video file, it would take quick awhile to do a 800 meg one. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance,
    Chris

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    I just got finished downloaded the SVCD player I mentioned above and it works better, not very much skipping, but the audio is off. I can even stop playing it, move the slider acouple minutes into the movie and the sound will be off from when I hit play. Now I'm thinking that the audio and video just aren't in sync. I'll have to try and download another movie. Thanks,
    Chris

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    BANNED
    play it with a dvd player like power dvd, that will should do it.

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    Well the DVD player (Power DVD) didn't work, same result. The sound is always ahead of the movie. It does the same in AVIpreview, Windows Media Player, and just about everything else I've tried. The except is BSplayer. The sound works perfectly using BSplayer, however at certain points it will start jumping between 2 frames. Sometimes it will get out of it and continue, but sometimes I can't get it to. It happens quite a bit. Any suggestions for fixing that in BSplayer? Or is there some other good player I can try? Can anybody explain why the heck it's doing this???? Thanks in advance,
    Chris

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    Originally posted by Chriscom@3 June 2003 - 14:45
    Same thing here.  I have a 400 MHz AMD processor with 256MB of RAM.  I have an 8MB ATI all-in-wonder card in the computer in case we move the satelitte in this room and I wanna watch TV    But right now I'm using a 32MB Verto PCI graphics card (nVidia TNT2 chip).

I downloaded The Fast and the Furious and using AVI preview it will skip and get behind on the audio where people will talk and then you'll see their lips move 5 seconds later.  However, in AVI preview, when it's processing the audio bar has more than the video bar by about 1/5 or so.  Could that be the problem?

I might have found the SVCD-player, but I'm downloading it now.  Is this name "Elecard MPEG2 (SVCD) player"?  There are acouple more I found doing a quick google search that I might try, too.

One more question, what is the best and quickest way to burn the DVD rips to CDs and watch on my DVD player?  I don't care if it loses quality, but seeing as it takes about 3 hours to encode a 130 meg video file, it would take quick awhile to do a 800 meg one.  Any suggestions?  Thanks in advance,
    Chris
    Ok. Found the svcd player (lost it, and it's link, some time ago after the mother of all crashes). It's called STHSVCD. The best one i ever tried and the one i was talking about before:
    STHSVCD
    Fixed me right up on a real slow box!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast