Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Problems Playing Dvd Ripped Avi Files

Whoa, I haven't tried Winamp 2.91, but Winamp 3 is the worst. If Winamp 2.91 works then post here and I'll try that.

I finished downloading Happy Gilmore and when I play it in BSplayer it doesn't jump like fast and the furious, but it seems like audio still tries to get ahead of the video. So about every 10 seconds the video skips to keep up. It's watchable this way, but kinda annoying. Thanks,
    Chris

2. Movies & TV   -   #22
    yeah, i have the same problem too, the video seems to be too slow. the audio goes ahead of the show, it annoying. this happens to some files only. any sollutions?

3. Movies & TV   -   #23
    Well I don't know what I did. Usually before I would try to play a movie I would close things like Kazaa Lite and IE. Well I started encoding The Fast and the Furious (using Nero) which slows down the computer. I also left Kazza Lite open downloading and I played the fast and furious full screen and amazingly it worked pretty darn good. I watched the whole movie and there were acouple times it would get behind, but it would always catch back up quick (this happened about 4 or 5 noticable times). I don't know what it was (maybe my computer likes to be challenged??)

On the other hand if I play happy gilmore (which is full screen dvd rip, instead of widescreen like fast and furious) it will slow down quite a bit. Oh yeah, this was all in BSPlayer. I doubt that helps anybody, but it might. Thanks,

4. Movies & TV   -   #24
    Originally posted by Chriscom@4 June 2003 - 16:29

I finished downloading Happy Gilmore and when I play it in BSplayer it doesn't jump like fast and the furious, but it seems like audio still tries to get ahead of the video.  So about every 10 seconds the video skips to keep up.  It's watchable this way, but kinda annoying.  Thanks,
    Chris
    Bsplayer is a good player, but not the best. Try downloading Zoomplayer instead. There's a lot of options in that player that's booth good and easy to access. Try the "filter properties" and lower quality and stuff till your box plays it alright. If that doesn't work it's probably a bad rip...

5. Movies & TV   -   #25
    oh i forgot something, i dont know if its related.

those avi files that i have no problem playing are usually around < or > 100mb.

while those which will lag are those around 200mb or more.....

does this have anything to do with the problems?

6. Movies & TV   -   #26
    BANNED
    Imo...only way ur goin to fix ur problems is to upgrade ur cpu

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123