Thread: xbox 360

mikeco's Avatar Rossco's Manager
    does anyone here have a xbox 360 hooked up to a 20" or 22" WS LCD monitor?

i got a 20" and thinking of getting a xbox 360 to hook up to it as well as my pc and laptop.

thing is xbox 360 doesnt support 1680x1050 and aspect ratio of 16:10...
    so would have to go with a different rez... so was woundering if u can notice it looks abit screwed up...

i tryed 1024x768 on my monitor with new C&C game on my pc to see if i could notice anything and couldnt realy notice much... the video clips had bigger black bars on tho...

so anyone got anything to comment with?

someone at xbox forum put this:
    The VGA cable gives you a lot of choices on the resolution to display, but I find that the resolution right above the 1080 selection gives me the best picture.
    also does the Wii support 1680x1050 rez? and how about the PS3?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    slim150's Avatar Poster
    I have my PC and Xbox360 (via component) connected to a 23in Samsung LCD HDTV (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1168045340391)

In my video settings I have it set at 1080i, but the aspect is grey'ed out and I cant select it.

It looks fantastic to me! No squished characters or anything like that. So thats my 2c
    "Their most trivial action may mean volumes, or their most extraordinary conduct may depend upon a hairpin or a pair of curling-tongs" - Holmes

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    mikeco's Avatar Rossco's Manager
    also, is it true that u can hook up an external harddrive to the USB and be able to read videos and music files off it?

i read that its possible and but its read-only so cant use it insted of the proper harddrive.

if it is true is there any codec problems for .avi files?
    can u also play HD files such as .tf or whatever they are?

and can u send films and music to ur 360's harddrive over the network and watch them that way?