Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: iPod Song Count!!

DefX's Avatar Macula.Lutea. BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    I got an Ipod mini 5 gb. Filled it up to capacity one time. Now I only carry around 500 songs or so. I find that I really only need an mp3 player when i mass commute. But now that i drive all the time, I have no need for it.

2. Lounge   -   #22
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    All I needed was something I could use while running and working out, so I've got a Sansa Express now.

$49 dollars and it comes equipped with 1GB internal memory and a slot for a microSD card. I bought a 1GB card for $25, giving me a 2GB mp3 player for $75.

I love this thing. It plugs directly into the PC with no horrible bloatware iTune-ish software, just let Winows detect it. Put the files directly onto the player and have them all listed together, or put them in a folder based on artist for them to display in such a manner - then just drag&drop.

Far superior usability and browsing method than iPods. Highly recommended.

I agree.

iPods are a fashion item.

ASDA (Walmart) are doing a wee mp3 player with rechargeable battery (USB) for about $10 It's only 256Mb but in reality (ooer missus) that's all most people need. That's what, about 4 full albums.

Or you can go the whole hog and get the bigger one at 512Mb, can't member how much that is tho'. It's still ridiculously cheap, I know that.

Or fuck it, buy two of the 256 ones.
    I forgot to mention that it also has an FM radio and a built in microphone for voice messages.

yo

3. Lounge   -   #23
    JordoR's Avatar Madden Champ!
    Yeah I was never really a fan of the whole iPod thing, but I got one for christmas and have enjoyed it ever since. Yes I do hate the iTunes bs. I'd much rather just load thigns like on a flash drive/external HDD whatever... but oh well. It's never failed me and I'm happy with the product.
    Peter: Excuse me, is your refrigerator running?
    Because if it is, it probably runs like you - very homosexually.

4. Lounge   -   #24
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by JordoR View Post
    Yeah I was never really a fan of the whole iPod thing, but I got one for christmas and have enjoyed it ever since. Yes I do hate the iTunes bs. I'd much rather just load thigns like on a flash drive/external HDD whatever... but oh well. It's never failed me and I'm happy with the product.
    Same here. I hated iPod's for the longest time, but then I finally gave in.

I bought a 30gb iPod video, and it kicks ass. I actually just finished flashing a custom firmware onto it. Now I can play downloaded games I haven't purchased.

I have all 12 iPod games. They're like cell phone games, you can listen to your own music, and at the same time, play Bejeweled, Mini Golf, Tetris, Pac Man, whatever. It's awesome!

5. Lounge   -   #25
    JordoR's Avatar Madden Champ!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rip The Jacker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JordoR View Post
    Same here. I hated iPod's for the longest time, but then I finally gave in.

I bought a 30gb iPod video, and it kicks ass. I actually just finished flashing a custom firmware onto it. Now I can play downloaded games I haven't purchased.

I have all 12 iPod games. They're like cell phone games, you can listen to your own music, and at the same time, play Bejeweled, Mini Golf, Tetris, Pac Man, whatever. It's awesome!
    Ah I only have just the largest size nano... cant even remember how big it is been a long day. I never felt the need to get the video because 1. It's so much bigger and I only use my ipod mainly when i run or go to the gym. and 2. If i want to watch videos, ill do it at home on my comp or tv instead of on a tiny screen.
    Peter: Excuse me, is your refrigerator running?
    Because if it is, it probably runs like you - very homosexually.

6. Lounge   -   #26
    Bucktoof's Avatar Byaaah! BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    I think I have about 4000 songs, plus maybe 8 eps of robot chicken, 10 eps of south park, a couple family guy and a couple simpsons eps. I have a 30gb video ipod...I think I should've got the zen by creative labs.

iTunes sucks hard
    http://4t.myminicity.com/ind - build industry!
    http://4t.myminicity.com/tra - build transportation
    http://4t.myminicity.com/sec - build security

7. Lounge   -   #27
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucktoof View Post
    I think I have about 4000 songs, plus maybe 8 eps of robot chicken, 10 eps of south park, a couple family guy and a couple simpsons eps. I have a 30gb video ipod...I think I should've got the zen by creative labs.

iTunes sucks hard
    Uninstall that shit.

I used to just use the Winamp plugin. Just select what you want, right-click, "Add to iPod".

yo

8. Lounge   -   #28
    backlash's Avatar usenet lover
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by backlash View Post

whatcha mean?
    I mean you never did a proper cost to benefits analysis when you decided on the purchase. Tho' that wouldn't be relevant if it was actually a gift.
    It was a gift. Though, I didn't include the movies or pictures that are on there. I keep a few kids movies for my daughter. Plus, I know I add to it constantly, so I'm not done filling it up yet.

9. Lounge   -   #29
    Cheese's Avatar Poster

10. Lounge   -   #30
    Seedler's Avatar T__________________T
    I've a 80gig Aigo HD mp3, containing 0 songs used as a removable HD.

I've also a 2gig Camnex flash mp3, which was bought for $49 CAD at best buy on sale containing uh loike 300 songs maybe.
    Biostar XE T5
    i5-750 @ 4.0 GHZ stable (CM Hyper 212)
    2 x 2GB Cosair XMS3 DDR3 1600MHZ
    Radeon 5850 @ 866/1254MHZ
    Intel X25-M in RAID 0
    WD Caviar Black 2TB in RAID 0
    3 x Asus 25.5" VW266H LCD [Eyefinity]

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast