Thread: help me in thes recceing

mym_2006's Avatar Torrent Lover BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13

Question Mark

i have a laptop computer but not strong "i mean as hard wear ex.1.5 , GHz 512ram , 40HD , 64 video drive " soooo i can't play games freely " i can't play all games " and many friends tell me to sell it and bay new disk top
    with strong characteristics " ex. 3.5 GHz , 2GB ram , 512 video drive " but the only problem that i need this laptop in my faculty " in reports and some researches " ,,, so help me please ,,, what can i do ???

2. Games   -   #2
    no comment ...

3. Games   -   #3
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Does that mean you can't sell your old one 'cos you are required to keep it for some reason other than the fact that you have stuff installed on it?

'cos if you buy a new one, it could probably handle all the software you currently use for the report-writing and whatnot you do just as well, unless your research involves something really funky software-wise that wouldn't work with a new machine.

Could you give us more details on what you need for your work, and what sort of games you'd like to be able to play?

It's quite possible that a better laptop could handle what you want.

4. Games   -   #4
    it is not about soft ware it is about travel by my computer to place or to other " some time i take my laptop to our teachers to show them our work "

5. Games   -   #5
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Ah, then a better laptop might be the way to go.

Something like a Acer Lamborghini or an Alienware Notepad does as well as some new desktop systems today.

They cost a bit tho'.

The way I see it you've got three options.

Either you can sell the old laptop, and buy a new one, like one of the ones I mentioned, as those can handle most games today. Or you can get a new stationary computer as well as keep the laptop you have today, that might actually be cheaper, depending on how much power you think you need. Or you could just keep the laptop you have, and make do with the games it CAN manage.

It all depends on your budget really.

My suggestion is for you to think about what you want to be able to play, what specific games, or how long you want your hardware to last. Try to get a clear picture on what you want to be able to do.

Then you should try and set up a budget, see what you can spend on new hardware.

Once you have a clear picture of those things, post them here, or try starting a topic in hardware, saying what you want your hardware to manage, and what you can spend and ask for concrete suggestions on what to get.

Or you can just try shopping for bits yourself, there are plenty of sites on the internets that may be helpful in getting an idea on what one can buy.

Sadly I don't know what you can get hold of from Egypt, or what the market is like there, so I'm not sure about the possibility of you getting your hands on a specific piece of hardware for a decent price, so what help I can give you on what components you could buy is a bit limited.

EDit: you could also ask to have this thread moved to the hardware section, that way more people might notice it.
    Last edited by Snee; 04-18-2007 at 08:55 PM.

6. Games   -   #6
    thx Snee for your important information and i know that the solution of my problem in my hand ,,, but first of all i must know what i want
    thx for your Re.