Thread: Movie editing(cutting program)

cowswithoutass's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    i need a program that can cut and delete bits out of movies so you cant see it in the movie again. i have tried quite a few but most of them just copy the bit and leave the original in the film
    any ideas?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Alien5's Avatar μετά BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    cowswithoutass's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    works good but the audio goes completely out of sync which is useless

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    If the audio went out of sync its because you didn't follow the instructions when you loaded the avi and it told you it had vbr audio.

Load the avi and set video to Direct Stream and audio to Full processing and save the file as test avi. The file will be large because it will change the audio to uncompressed pcm wav. Reload the large file you made and still video direct Stream and Audio Full process but this time choose mp3 or ac3 (if its available) at 192kb/sec and save again. This is your final file and you can delete the other pcm file, now you can cut and edit to your hearts content and the sound will not move.

If I were you I would google and download the mod version with ac3 support "Virtual Dub Mod Aud-X Enabled" the only real difference is the audio section is called streams and you need to right click the audio to get the menu.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    try adobe premiere pro.