Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: incomplete files

thanks for that whome , now it makes a bit more sense
    now i have another problem , i deleted the previous download and im tryin to download it again but newsbinpro marks the files as duplicate while i actually deleted them,
    anybody know how to erase the memory of the program or something?

2. Newsgroups   -   #12
    Quote Originally Posted by j4vier View Post
    thanks for that whome , now it makes a bit more sense
    now i have another problem , i deleted the previous download and im tryin to download it again but newsbinpro marks the files as duplicate while i actually deleted them,
    anybody know how to erase the memory of the program or something?
    Go to "View" in the menu and select "Download History"

That should give you a new tab window name "Download History" click on it and you will see all your previous downloads

With the "Download History" window open go to "Posts" in the menu and the click "Select All" and then "Delete Posts" that will clear that list and you can now download it again

wHoMe

3. Newsgroups   -   #13
    hey thanks whome that worked great.
    1 last thing , i promise ..
    ive bein tryin to get the par files as u said, i see them listed on the site like binsearch , i tick the boxes for them and i say create nzb.
    now ,when newsbinpro opens the file, i see only 1 par file queued while im sure i thicked for several of them.
    this par is only about 40 kb,what am i doin wrong?

4. Newsgroups   -   #14
    hey thanks whome that worked great.
    1 last thing , i promise ..
    ive bein tryin to get the par files as u said, i see them listed on the site like binsearch , i tick the boxes for them and i say create nzb.
    now ,when newsbinpro opens the file, i see only 1 par file queued while im sure i thicked for several of them.
    this par is only about 40 kb,what am i doin wrong?
    I think by default it adds the "Vol Par2" files to the "Scratch" list so you don't download them if you don't need them

There should be a Tab called "Scratch" click on it and your probably find them all there, right click on them for options of what to do, download etc

wHoMe

5. Newsgroups   -   #15
    cool i just fix my first file!
    thanks whome for ur great help and prompt replies

6. Newsgroups   -   #16
    cool i just fix my first file!
    thanks whome for ur great help and prompt replies
    No Problem

Thank god for Pars

wHoMe

7. Newsgroups   -   #17
    Back 'in the day' (i.e., a handfull of years ago), many Usenet servers had poor distribution, or poor 'collection' of files, particualarly the large 100+ rar's of the typical dvd. Obviously, better hardware has helped, but even more so has software. Every 'part' of a rar has a 'unique' serial/ID number, which the s/w keeps track of at the server level; if a part of that rar (say, 1 out of 100+ little 'bits' of it) come in missing, the server queries it's peers for an automated 'fill'. It may take a few mintues (or hours), but it will get it filled, eventually.

How 'good' a usenet server is, is how well it 'fills' the 'holes' in it's files, and if it's 'peers' are also doing a good job. Giganews is widely recognized as being the top provider, so a good way to figure if your provider is 'close' to their plant is to simply look at your d/l'ed files 'path', and see where it originated and what path it took to get to your server. Too many 'hops' is generally not good, just 2-3 is considered good to excellent. This 'web' of peers is what links the usenet community together, and the tighter it is, the better it all operates, for both the large providers (like Giganews, Usenetserver, ect.) and the minor ones. Take a look at your d/l'ed files.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12