Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: incomplete files

hello
    im kinda new here so if im askin something stupid please bare with me
    i got click and crash hd versions but for both of them there seem to be a problem with a rar part which wont download fully
    does anyone know where is the actual problem?

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    knight76's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    If you mean it is not the correct size then use the par and par2 files with a program like quickpar to check and repair the files.

They will then be the right size.

It depends on how much of the file/s is missing and how many par files were included. Some files will not be able to be repaired.

Try https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/newsg...uickpar-132644

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    Install Quickpar, then click on the par2 file. Quickcpar will find the missing blocks. If they are available, click on REPAIR and you will be all set.

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    thanks for the replies
    i followed the instructions but apparently the repair button doesnt work so i cant fix them.
    its a pity that i cant fix them,do you know where if possible i could find the single rars that i need?

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    MultiForce's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by j4vier View Post
    thanks for the replies
    i followed the instructions but apparently the repair button doesnt work so i cant fix them.
    its a pity that i cant fix them,do you know where if possible i could find the single rars that i need?
    Try to search for the files/package @ www.binsearch.info

You can then select single files you don't have or want to try to redownload, and create a NZB.

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    For files 7 days or newer, I use my ISP Verizon, and for longer 8-70 days, I use my "premium" news server, usenet-news.net - (blocks that don't expire).

With the Verizon "free" news server, many times I've had to use quickpar to repair damaged/missing blocks, but this hasn't happened with the premium server. The quality of the files is much better.
    THe file that you need may be available from a different server. If you are using your ISP's news server, give a premium server a shot. Your news server may have a corrupted file.

Good luck!

thanks for the replies

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    I just checked some downloads from last night from my ISP news server. A few NZB's were missing blocks. That means I have to re-download those missing parts from my premium server.

I've reached a point where the "free" news server is more hassle than it is worth, and will have to use premium only going forward.

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    I had the same problem with Crash.The releaser knew that since he made available a very complete par set (Which I didn't include in my nzb at first...).I had to re-dl the whole thing and this time it worked like a charm.Superb release by Reveille.

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by superfuzzy View Post
    I just checked some downloads from last night from my ISP news server. A few NZB's were missing blocks. That means I have to re-download those missing parts from my premium server.

I've reached a point where the "free" news server is more hassle than it is worth, and will have to use premium only going forward.

Most people who have free ISP news servers usually come to the same conclusion unless they have an outstanding free service...but those are few and far between I'm afraid.

But it will be a lot better with a premium server anyway.You won't have to worry about getting an incomplete file like you do with a lot of ISP news servers.

10. Newsgroups   -   #10
    thanks for the replies
    It doesn't work because you don't know how to use it properly

Run the Par2 with the release you downloaded and it will tell you how many blocks you need for the repair

Example you need 18 blocks for the repair

So you need the par2 vol files for that release that add up to 18

Example : vol015+12.PAR2 and vol007+06.PAR2 the amount of blocks are the figures after the plus sign 12 and 6 which equal 18

Your repair button doesn't work because you haven't got the vols to repair it get them and it will work

wHoMe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast