Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Why do some people collect trackers?

SHUVT's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    I think he may be referring to the process of collecting by trading for those lvl 5 trackers.
    I haven't taken a beating like that since I opened my first issue of Hustler!
    The World is a Sick Place and I'm a Happy Guy!

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    BANNED BT Rep: +2
    I think they collect trackers because this is the current interest in their lives . Poor people, have such an interest which dominates and prevails the others .

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    Mr Nice Guy BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    well i know 4 me personally i have alot of the good trackers and i'm able to maintain them so i guess it is just an addiction here

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    STAGUY's Avatar Pizza Lover BT Rep: +3
    Human greed!

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    mikechrobot's Avatar Trader Hater BT Rep: +2
    i collect trackers, have about 21 ranked ones right know and for me it's all about getting to the top and feeling good, it's like collecting any other thing, u have it but not neccesarily use it, out of these 21 I use 2 for mp3 and 1 for other ones, but i check back so my account doesn't get pruned

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    allen(s)'s Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by STAGUY View Post
    Human greed!
    im not human

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    It has only been one day and all these responses. Well thanks for your varied responses. I personally only keep a select few. I guess I will need to network better to get a good tracker when I want it.

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    allen(s)'s Avatar Poster
    you gotta start trading the low level trackers for high ones

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    Why do some people collect trackers?
    Redundancy is one reason plus you can meet new people who can open doors for you to other trackers(especially if you are active on irc/forum). Personally, i dont need to join any other trackers since i am a member to all the trackers that i want. I only use 3-4 trackers but i am also member in like another 4-5 trackers so that i can help my friends there.

And btw IMO there is little point gathering trackers so that you can use them to trade for ftn,sct,whatever. Your best chance is to use a couple of decent trackers, get good stats there(and also stay there for a long time) and then use those stats as "proof" that you are a good user.

Of course you will still need to know someone to give you an invite but that isnt that hard imo. Irc and forum are your friends. But even if you never get inside to any of your dream trackers, relax, you arent missing much. As long as you are a member to a tracker like tb/tl/whatever, you should be pretty much covered(as far as 0day scene releases are concerned).

And these trackers are pretty easy to get in(especially tl). On the other hand tl is p2l.

As time passes by, things will become harder for new users. The whole bittorrent "scene" will become more underground because of the risks involved. Funny how bt trackers are starting to imitate the scene. You got to love the irony.

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    Cheffy's Avatar Slut up ! BT Rep: +4
    Well there are abit difference in the trackers.
    But if all you want is the latest episode and the latest movies, i guess any tracker will do just fine.
    Some trackers are very good with apps, some are good with musicvids, some have packs (series and moves).
    Other give you seed bonuses.

But mostly i think its for the purpose of collecting. They dont really know why they do it, they are interested in it and they think its fun. But most of you have some sort of thing you have collected for the sole purpose of just having it. Can be anything for DVDs to stamps, once you get obsession its not that easy explaining why you do it. You just enjoy doing it, its your hobby.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast