Thread: What makes a good tracker?

ChotaZorro's Avatar Arsenal Fan BT Rep: +1
    Speed and content.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Uk-T BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    good pre-times , speed , community...

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    ewerest's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    IMO good pretimes(no need to be fastest) good content(the numbers of torrents) exclusive content(torrent out of scene,you can get scene releases from each trackers) good staff(willing to help members instead stupid banning) dont mind about speed(dont have a super fast connection so each trackers can max my connection easily)
    most important one is there no best tracker there is ones you can get what you want and have no trouble keeping a good ratio

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Haha,

Good Seeder/Leecher Ratio,
    new releases,
    friendly staff,
    good forums

Easy.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    TheFoX's Avatar www.arsebook.com
    Functionality and appearance...

People keep mentioning pre-times, but most of us have lives outside our monitor, so we cannot sit there waiting for the instance the uploader ups some new 0day.

People keep mentioning 0day, and general purpose trackers all seem to have one thing in common, and that is that they all share the same sources, so they will all get the same material.

Speciality sites that concentrate on a specific category, such as DVDrs or XBoX, will have the edge over general purpose sites offering the same categories.

So, for me, functionality is a big MUST. I'm not talking about shit loads of tools or toys (never got over the impact of all those javascript games appearing a few years back), but simple pleasures as being able to change the stylesheet on the fly, or the quick download link, or the quick post facility, or any host of little tools that make the job quicker, smarter and more fun.

The second big MUST has to be style or design. Too many TB derived sources appear to look like the original TB source they were based on, and many new ones are using the scripts and css that Xam has ripped off, so they all look like clones as well. A good stylesheet job, along the lines of what Torrent IT achieved with their skins, is a MUST for me. The site must appear appealing to my eyes. If I don't like the appearance or the layout, then I am less likely to revisit.

So, functionality and appearance are the deciding factor for me. Everything else then falls into place by itself.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    desiKing's Avatar ☆☆KING☆☆ BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Any tracker that almost impossible to join....?or get an invite....like RTS will only give invite to users after uploading 2TB

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12