Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Need a good psu for <$120

Would yall consider this a good PSU:

http://shop4.outpost.com/%7BCYLFCqCS...H:MAIN_RSLT_PG

Reason im asking is cause im needing a upgrade on mine as its going bad really fast (Antec Smartpower 400watt thats only been used for 6 months).

Even if some people say its ;robably not that great, I will probably still get it as its only $60 after the rebate is sent in and such.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    The Raidmax Volcano Brings the best in modular power! The Volcano features a black brushed aluminum finish, dual 80mm blue LED cooling fans, custom tribal hydraulic machine punch outs, MODUALAR smart wire management system, and 630 watts of power! This power supply has everything you need and more!
    I would certainly be leery of a PSU who's "custom tribal machine punch outs" (WTF?) are more important than the actual power specs.

From now on I'm just going to answer every PSU question with THIS.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    It just arrived and OMG it's BEAUTIFUL! really nice, I've never had modular before. However, the cables seem a little thin. Oh well, It will be easier to fit them.

HELP ME!! I installed the new PSU, but it will not post! No drives connected, but still won't post! It powers up for a few seconds, then shuts down then powers up again and so on and so on etc.
    Last edited by mbucari1; 04-24-2007 at 10:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    Do you have the front panel connectors hooked up?
    If so, disconnect them and try starting by just momentarily bridging the two pins for the start button with a screwdriver tip.

I assume you have the RAM, video card, keyboard and mouse hooked up, right?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    Do you have the front panel connectors hooked up?
    If so, disconnect them and try starting by just momentarily bridging the two pins for the start button with a screwdriver tip.

I assume you have the RAM, video card, keyboard and mouse hooked up, right?
    Al right, I figured it out! When I was trying to narrow down the problem initially, I had switched the ram to positions 3&4 when I had to fill 1&2 first. I switched them back and it works great now! Thank you clocker for the PSU suggestion. I'm glad it's modular and I hope it will serve me well in the years to come.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    Me too...I couldn't bear the guilt.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    asaka is very quiet, powerful and good value only like $80 for 420Watt

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    Quote Originally Posted by will.atkins View Post
    asaka is very quiet, powerful and good value only like $80 for 420Watt
    it's no longer an issue, but thanks.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123