Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: I Can't Believe How Much Ps2 Owners Are In Denial

exactly, that's why its shaped as it is

2. Games   -   #42
    is that why everyone (except the people in denial) hate it?

3. Games   -   #43
    Poster
    Why are these so-called excuses being called denial?

"I don't like the Xbox controller, so I bought a PS2 instead."
    "You're in denial."

Wtf? Who cares? The controller is a legitimate reason to choose one console over another. It all comes down to trust, maybe even brand loyalty, but most of all... opinion and preference, not denial.

4. Games   -   #44
    Poster
    [Edit: Double post... ]

5. Games   -   #45
    Originally posted by Cl1mh4224rd@5 June 2003 - 21:06
    Why are these so-called excuses being called denial?

"I don't like the Xbox controller, so I bought a PS2 instead."
    "You're in denial."

Wtf? Who cares? The controller is a legitimate reason to choose one console over another. It all comes down to trust, maybe even brand loyalty, but most of all... opinion and preference, not denial.
    This is about PS2ers denial, I don't care if you like it better. I just am stating some of the false and illegitament escuses some people make. Read the whole forum first.

6. Games   -   #46
    Originally posted by Chap@12 June 2003 - 19:31
    A playstation is not made of the same parts of a PC.

I am sick of idoits coming in and thinking that there system whatever it is. Is dominate to everything else. All it is is all three major companies.They are all working on devoloping the next system.(at least as far as i know) Which will blow us all away. Why u all have to come in here and say yours is better when it is basically the same as all the other systems out. When they come out with a PS3 then it will be the best out but then very soon after Nintendo and I guess Microsoft will come out with theirs making them all the basic same.
    Umm... ya I think it is. It just has not as much as a xbox and PC. Gaming consoles are computers made for easy use with the TV. The whole point of the argument was that PS2ers were saying the xbox was a crappy PC. The PS2 has even less computer features on it as a computer does. It's just a lame escuse for anyone to say that a system that has more features than another makes it worse. So I guess they mean to say the PS2 is better because it doesn't have a HD to store saved games??

7. Games   -   #47
    Poster
    PC is best----

1. 9700 is been out for 3 months now and the 9800 just came out.
    2. Lets face it-if your looking for graphics and speed its the PC
    3. Xbox fanboys, Halo is goin to be out on PC in a few months with tons of new features and better multplay. Half-life 2 has FAR better graphics than Halo 2. PS2- GTA 3 and vice city are already out for PC.
    4. Their are both Xbox type and PS2 controllers for PC
    5. ALL xbox does is streal games from PC
    6. PC has FAR FAR better multplay then PS2 and x-box

My system:
    2.4 Ghz
    512 RDRAM 1066
    ATI RADeon 9700 PRO

8. Games   -   #48
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    I like the PC for FPS games and those that require typing but that's about it.
    Sorry to break some hearts here but the PC primarily looks better because........
    IT'S ON A COMPUTER MONITOR. Yes the video card can be upgraded but that's the cost of a console. I have the latest ATI card and it looks great but put my PC WITH the video card on a TV and FART.
    I see lots of threads about GTA III and Vice but guess what...I've already beaten them on the PS2. Halo has been beaten as well. I do play it on XBConnect though.
    Bottom line is the PC is not leaps and bounds over the Xbox or GC but it does have it's place and I love it. Just because a game is not on a system does not make it an inferior system 'cause Baldur's Gate has been on PC for years and I just beat Dark Alliance on Xbox with Drizzt.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

9. Games   -   #49
    Graphics and hardware specs DO NOT make a system. A library full of good, quality games is what makes or breaks a system and that is what the PS2 has. People need to get their head out of their asses and for once, consider that just because something might have better specs or graphics doesn't mean that it's the best system in the world. Hell, some of the best games ever made were in the classic console days and back then, graphics sucked hardcore. But all too often I see retarded, pubecent Xbox users shouting everywhere, "But Xbox has Halo, Halo damnit!!11! Halo is the rulest!!111" I never here any Xbox users talk of any other game besides Halo. That just shows how limited the quality of titles released on the Xbox is. Sure, it does have some good games, but most of them can be found on the PS2, GameCube, or the PC. Microsoft even goes to the effort of bribing developers to publish titles exclusively for the Xbox. Not to say the Xbox is bad or anything, hell I bought one just so I could stick a 120 gig harddrive on there and run Gentoo Linux and have a media library so I can lay in bed and watch divx movies. GameCube users aren't as bad as Xbox uses about console bashing because they are content with what they have and that's all that matters. Each console has its share of quirks. Xbox is fun to mod and has some good titles with the best graphics. GameCube has excellent first party titles with some really unique ideas and good graphics. PS2 has an unmatched extensive library of quality titles. Console bashing is just stupid. It just shows how immature the person really is. To each his own and don't worry about the others. It's what you get out of your console of choice and what you are looking for that matters. Peace out.

10. Games   -   #50
    All I have to say is that I have an X-box and a Ps2..I like them both. What the ps2 lacks in graphics it makes up for in games. both systems have there goods and bads but the bottom line is that the ps2 sold a hell of alot on systems then the xbox could even think of doing. Anyway........

XBOX good bad

harddrive to big
    graphics (IMO) games(not enough good ones)
    XBOX Live

PS2 good bad

games(IMO) no harddrive
    comfe controllers online play(except socom)
    DVD player(dont cost extra 30dollar mem card

I COULD NAME MORE FOR BOTH SYSTEMS BUT YOU GET WHAT IM SAYING..
    only system I hate is the gamecube

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast