Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 5 Songs That Changed Your Life

I don't mean to be pesemistic or put anyone down but......
    Most of the so called "Life Changing" things that people have stated that these songs have done......people should know them anyway. Or at least i already do and i didn't need a song to tell me them.

2. Music   -   #12
    Michael Jackson and some of the sad music vids.
    Man in The Mirror etc.

3. Music   -   #13
    I wouldn't say any songs have "changed my life," but there have been a few that have affected me more than others.

Bob Dylan - "Sara" - G-d, this song is so sad. The first time I heard this song I was going thru a nasty break-up of my own, so it hit me even harder than it normally would have. Bob's vivid imagery and raw emotion cut right thru to your soul.

Nick Drake - "Pink Moon" - Simply put, I wanted to learn how to play guitar after hearing this tune. Great, great song.

Leonard Cohen - "Hallelujah" - Such an emotional song. I love it.

Jimi Hendrix - "Pali Gap" - Perhaps the greatest piece of guitar work Jimi has ever done. It's a shame he never finished the song. Still, it made me go out and finally buy a strat to go with my acoustic guitar. I just had to replicate those sounds.

Bob Dylan - "The Hurricane" - The song that initially got me into Bob. In that sense, it's the most important song I've ever heard. Bob Dylan changed from an obscure 60's artist to the reason the Beatles were able to do "Revolver" and the Beach Boys "Pet Sounds" and The Dead transitioning from Psychadelica to Folk/bluegrass and so on and so forth. And it's a pretty good song, too. B)

4. Music   -   #14
    Celerystalksme's Avatar This Is My Clone BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Well kenken for me music is my life...so thats why...im sorry if im not god like you and can realise things without the help of others, but that is the kinda person i am...i rely on my friends heaps and i rely on music aswell...and it seems your in the wrong place if thats true in what you said...And that first line won't save you...For some people music is life and they can relate to music more than anything else in the world...And putting people down about needing music is really just f*cking sad...And you must of been on here just to sh!t stir anyway...So i hope your happy...And im really proud of you realising things yourself it takes a person with a huge ego to do this and then brag about it and put people down that can't...f*cking sad i reckon...

Laters
    Cely

5. Music   -   #15
    i wouldn't say any song has changed my life.

there is a song for every mood and occasion though, that's one thing i'm sure about, and that's why people have to be more diverse in their music tastes. there is a time and place for everything.

people might think this is a bit weird, but i think a particular song can spark memories long forgotten, and can make u feel exactly like you did when you first experienced whatever is the subject of that memory. The only thing i think is a more powerful memory jogger that music is a certain smell that is specific to a certain event.

put it this way, if there is a scent reminiscent of an event, and i'm listening to a song that i personally associate with that memory at the same time, then i can close my eyes and almost feel as if i'm there again.

i don't mean that in a wacky, hippy way.

anyways.

music = an amazing thing, and i'd miss it a lot if it was gone, and i think it CAN change your life, but for me personally, it's not down to one or five particular songs. family and friends will get you through harder times then music will.

it can emphasise a particular emotion though, if you're angry and u listen to a loud, angry song, it isn't gonna make you want to sit down and sip a cup of tea and have some cake.

if your sad, and u listen to a depressing song, you'll just get more sad.

but, the same can also be said for listening to music the opposite of your mood. listen to something light-hearted and it may cheer u up. it could just piss you off cos you ain't in the mood for it though.

PS - kenken didn't say anything that bad, and he didn't single anyone out.

anyways, sorry for rambling, i didn't make any real point in that there.

6. Music   -   #16
    Twist3r
    Nirvana - You Know Your Right
    cool song makes you think about life

7. Music   -   #17
    Poster
    I dont think my live hasnt been changed by music.

8. Music   -   #18
    here goes nothing

1 Elvis,In the ghetto,the first song i can remember crying to
    2 Pink Floyd,Dark side of the moon,got me of my butt
    3 Ian Dury,I wanna be straight,made me realise disabled ppl wanted to be normal
    4 George Micheal,Careless whisper,stopped me doing something stupid
    5 The Proclaimers,I'm gonna be(500 mls),have passion for the person you love

sad, but i still regulary play all of the above
    great topic,i enjoyed reading all the reply's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12