Thread: Converting Xvid To Mpg

I am using TMPGEnc plus to convert avi to mpg and burning to vcd using nero 5.5 Divix rips works fine, but xvid files dont have sound when played in windows media player or if I burn them to vcd. What can I do to get the sound to work?

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    BANNED
    after changing do you have two files or one for the finished product???

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    I use TMPEGnc plus to convert the avi file and split it into 2 mpg files so I can burn to 2 cd-r as a vcd. I can do divix files with no ploblem, but when I do any that are xvid I get picture with no sound. I can play the xvid avi file with no problems, after converson to mpg there is no sound.

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    BANNED
    yes i got that what i was asking is for example the first half after you are done, if you open the folder it is in do you see one file or two not counting the note pad

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    The only files there are the source file(avi) and the output file(mpg) I dont see a note pad file.

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    BANNED
    hmmm, you know i had the same problem when i did that (split it) but when i changed the hole thing without spliting it i got the sound and the video, maybe its writing the audio after the movie is over so you don't get in on the first cd i could be wrong. but hold on what do you pic to change it to be specific like NTSC (CBR) OR (VBR)

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    I use the NTSC and CBR standard format > non-interlaced and 1:1 vga.

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    BANNED
    YOU MEAN PCM AUDIO OR MP2? I THINK YOU MIGHT NEED A DIFFERENT PLAYER, DOES PLAY IN A VCD OR A SVCD?

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    It does not play when I burn to VCD. The only files I have problems with are Xvid (when you go to right click on file and go to properties/summary the video compression is XVID. I can only assume that TMPGE does not convert these files with sound.

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    yea open the file in virtual dub and click on the save wav.

Then just do as normal, but insted of keeping the audio from the video in tempegnce just selct the wav and there u have it