Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is account trading risky?

koalaBear's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    As everyone here keeps offering their buffered accounts for trade, I thought I would clarify something before I start doing it.

Can I just use one of my invites to invite myself back before I give the account away and use my new account to go on seeding all my old downloaded files, from the same computer? If so, surely my ratio will rise super fast, as I will be seeding a disproportionate amount compared to what I casually may choose to download...

Is there any chance they will remember some detail about my computer, and not allow a new account to be used on it?

Many Thanks
    Jack
    ¡Disfrútalo!

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    BANNED BT Rep: +2
    my advise to you : don`t try to invite yourself and don`t trade the account

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    zehsay's Avatar trance lover BT Rep: +3
    You can, but it's not recommended, since they can ban your account.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    pandapop's Avatar +OK 3fds/fog43/dfs5l BT Rep: +1
    i think buffered account trading is wrong.. its basically just giving people a licence to leech, which only affects speed/availability of files for others.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by pandapop View Post
    i think buffered account trading is wrong.. its basically just giving people a licence to leech, which only affects speed/availability of files for others.
    i`ll say something else about buffered accounts : you never know how did they get the buffer, maybe by cheating, maybe the account was stolen, so you never know how much time your account experience will last till it gets disabled (not mentioning 1jackjack , that will be disabled for inviting himself)

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    koalaBear's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    so all the people out there that are offering buffered accounts aren't the best of people?
    ¡Disfrútalo!

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by 1jackjack View Post
    so all the people out there that are offering buffered accounts aren't the best of people?
    i didn`t say that.
    the accounts may go through 10 hands, you know .
    oink with 150 GB and bitmetv with 320 GB sounds sexy, but the risk is too high

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    pandapop's Avatar +OK 3fds/fog43/dfs5l BT Rep: +1
    i think if u really care about the site that u have a buffered account on, then u wouldnt trade it... so u gotta think, are they really good for the torrent community, because as soon as they think something better comes along, they would trade their buffered accounts/limbs/mothers/children to get it.

so make ur own mind up

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Quintus's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17
    Quote Originally Posted by jaqozo View Post
    i didn`t say that.
    the accounts may go through 10 hands, you know .
    oink with 150 GB and bitmetv with 320 GB sounds sexy, but the risk is too high
    If they have torrent pack's like 10 or more Gb, so for ppl with seed boxes @ 100 mbps there is no problem to seed 150 or 320 Gb

P.S. Have been read that in some trackers you can be banned for changing your e-mail, becouse they think that you trade your acc.
    Last edited by Quintus; 04-21-2007 at 01:00 PM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    zehsay's Avatar trance lover BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by Quintus View Post
    Have been read that in some trackers you can be banned for changing your e-mail, becouse they think that you trade your acc.
    Trackers that don't want you to change your email simply disable that option.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast