Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyway To Repair Corrupt Files In Compressed Files

Bebi's Avatar Super Duper Member
    Is there? I'm sick sore and tired of downloading a 400mb file to discovered 1 or 2 files are corrupt and it ruins my time, the download and the entertainment I could of gotten from the download so is there any repair tools for this?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    Winrar and winace both have a repair option in them. Winrar shows it plainly on the top.
    Winace, right click on the file and choose repair. Sometimes winzip files can be saved if you grab and copy the files from the temp directory before you click the OK button on the CRC error box. Then just search for the files listed in the CRC error report and try to reinsert them into the program.

You have to open winrar and winace from program files and browse to the damaged file to do this. You can't just click on the file.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Originally posted by balamm@4 June 2003 - 12:55
    Winrar and winace both have a repair option in them. Winrar shows it plainly on the top.
    Winace, right click on the file and choose repair. Sometimes winzip files can be saved if you grab and copy the files from the temp directory before you click the OK button on the CRC error box. Then just search for the files listed in the CRC error report and try to reinsert them into the program.
    I tried this with winrar and when I tried to take the file out of the zip or re-run the program it still said corrupt

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    If it's a corrupt .cab or.exe then there's not much you can do. Just try to download from less sources so there's not as much chance of too many bits and pieces getting mixed up.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    no the exe wasnt corrupt it was an installation file the exe needed to install, C030 and C031 were corrupted

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    Those I believe are highly compressed files. Probably in an ace? Some crack sites put those things together and make you download each piece one at a time. Then someone packs them into an ace and puts them on kazaa. Half the time they don't work in the first place.
    Name the file you want and I'm sure someone here will help you find a clean source

Have you tried to open it with another program? sometimes one will fix what the other won't.
    WinRar can be configured with a recovery record that winzip or winace might not recognize and viceversa.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    there is Advanced Zip Repairer you can get a crack from Kazaa.

it won't do rar files but I find it very useful all the same.

Neil.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    DarthInsinuate's Avatar Died in battle
    balamm you got it wrong, WinRAR and WinACE can only repair an archive when it has a recovery record - most archives don't have these

your only choice Bebi is to download again
    The Sexay Half Of ABBA And Max: Freelance Plants

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    B)

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Ynhockey's Avatar Poster
    I know this is off-topic but... DON'T go to cracks.am i've downloaded several files from there hoping each time that it wouldn't be a virus and they've ALWAYS been virii. www.crackfind.com has a search engine and all sites there are good EXCEPT cracks.am - avoid that one.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast