Thread: Quad cores are CHEAP!

mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    I was just looking on newegg (building my dream computer) and I saw that the quad cores have really gone down in price. The core 2 quad Q6600 is only $660. But the good Extremes are still around 1g.

Quad Cores HERE

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    ChotaZorro's Avatar Arsenal Fan BT Rep: +1
    That's still expensive but yeah, they're going down in price. Computer hardware has become really cheap recently compared to how expensive it once used to be.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Intel previously announced big price cuts for late April as they prepare to roll out the next gen chips.
    Also to put the squeeze on AMD (which is suffering terribly trying to keep up these days- look at their last quarter losses).

Enjoy it while you can.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    Intel previously announced big price cuts for late April as they prepare to roll out the next gen chips.
    Also to put the squeeze on AMD (which is suffering terribly trying to keep up these days- look at their last quarter losses).

Enjoy it while you can.
    AMD better get on their game and get those oct cores out on the market before Intel does.

Though, Intel has already built a prototype for an 80core cpu.